“will be going back very soon”
Review of River Green Cafe

River Green Cafe
Ranked #69 of 823 Restaurants in Norwich
Cuisines: British
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Norwich, United Kingdom
“will be going back very soon”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Main was very lovely, filling with fresh ingredients. plenty of choice and nice not to have to think if something may contain meat or not!.
Puddingins a little disapointing compared to the mains.
Service a little slow, we had no starters and the cutlery wasn't take away and noone checked our meal was ok until plates where cleared.

• Visited February 2013

LINCOLN UK
“Great experience even for omnivores”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

I have been to this restaurant twice & have had a great meal on both occasions.

The first time I went was with my husband & I have to confess that I didn't realise that it was a vegetarian/vegan restaurant until we saw down. My first thought on reading the menu was "ho hum, I'm in trouble" as my husband is a committed meat eater & here we were at a vegetarian restaurant!! Fortunately my fears were unfounded & we both thoroughly enjoyed the tasty dishes that we had chosen.

The second time, I went with my mum & also had an enjoyable meal.

The service was friendly & efficient on both occasions & the prices reasonable.

My husband has already said that he would love to return to River Green next time we visit Norwich.

• Visited February 2013
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Imaginative and delicious”
Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

Five of us had lunch at this restaurant, including my older, meat-eating parents. It was a pleasurable experience from start to finish. The staff were friendly and attentive, the menu was varied and imaginative and the food was excellent. It was well-prepared, creatively presented and my only criticism would be that the portions were perhaps a little too large! Between us, we had a range of menu options are they were all thoroughly enjoyed.

So, fully recommended. Although it is a vegetarian restaurant, non-vegetarians are just as likely to have a pleasurable dining experience.

“Not so good on our second visit”
Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

We had a lunch in this cafe in September and it was great. Our last visit was not so good. There was no staff at the door so we walked in to find a free table only to be chased by offended waitresses who gave us scornful looks and gave us a table in a side room, where it was freezing. Although the cafe was half empty we waited ages and shivered all the time. my food was great,my partner was not so lucky-his mushroom burger turned out to be a single flat grilled mushroom stuck inside dry bun, quite ridiculous for the price. So not a nice lunch this time but we will give it another chance,as vegetarian places are hard to find in Norwich.

“Awesome!”
Reviewed February 7, 2013 via mobile

It's so nice going somewhere where you don't feel like your an inconvenience because your allergic to gluten! So many options of delicious food :)