All reviews ipswich road swimming pool health club coach trip executive room plenty of parking coach party reception staff city centre car park steam room leisure facilities tea coffee stayed here for one night reception area changing rooms enjoyable stay
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

we stayed with a group of 48 but unfortunately the hotel had also booked another group of 50 at the same time. The kitchen was clearly designed to cope with 30-40. Expensive wines and drinks. Rooms OK if you get the executive ones, but tired.

UNDER 'WHAT SORT OF TRIP WAS THIS? 'GROUP' DOESN'T COME UP

Room tip: go for executive room
Date of stay: September 2019
Carla L, Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Golfpapamike,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience from your recent stay. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

We always strive to provide a great service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed September 4, 2019 via mobile

When we booked we had no idea that this hotel is a franchise and we got the feeling when staying here that the owners were scrimping on the quality of food ingredients and the maintenance of the property. Very disappointing since we generally use Holiday Inns when travelling, but this is by far the worst we have stayed in. Saying this, the staff were friendly and helpful.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Carla L, Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2019

Dear Labyrinths,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel following your recent stay with us. Please accept my sincere apology that we did not meet your expectations during your stay. We do appreciate your comments as this helps us to improve the service we offer to our guests. Please rest assured that I have shared your comments with the Management Team to ensure they take action with their own teams to ensure this does not impact on future guests. We do hope that you will come back again to allow us the opportunity to demonstrate our usual high standards.

Reviewed August 27, 2019 via mobile

Popped in for a drink and lunch as we waited for a flight, pleasant bar staff to the drinks and lunch order, I ordered the pepperoni and sausage pizza from the menu with jalapenos. When it arrived it had no pepperoni or sausage, so it went back. When it returned it had only pepperoni and jalapenos and was over cooked, all for the princely sum of £15 for a twice wrong and over cooked 10" pizza. With also zero follow up service. Clearly the chef is illiterate, stupid or a combo. #poorestpizzaever

Trip type: Traveled on business
Carla L, Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2019

Dear Toastload

We strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that your comments have been communicated back to our Head chef and F&B Manager, who are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

Reviewed August 18, 2019

This hotel is handy for Norwich & the staff are excellent but the building??? We were told in June it was undergoing refurbishment but there's no sign of it. The front door wasn't working & had strips warning of danger on it. In June, we had an executive room - total waste of money - no safe (despite what it says on the TV Menu!) & so small that we had to lift the chair out from under the desk to get past! A lift would have helped too, for someone who might have difficulties.

We were back in August. The front door had had nothing done - it still looked awful. A cheaper room but more space - apart from the criminally small bathroom. Not the worst, though. The room door only shut if you slammed it - had it warped? The bathroom door had apparently been rehung but had to be shoved shut & there was one complete light fitting missing by the bed - we complained but nothing was done. It looked & felt shabby!

This hotel appears to be run by Kew Green Hotels under the name of Holiday Inn - they need to buck their ideas up a lot. I doubt if Holiday Inn would find this hotel acceptable if the looked into it. No worries - I've told them, too!

Date of stay: August 2019
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2019

Jenny W,

It is quite upsetting knowing we had the chance to give you a memorable stay but missed it. I know that you were not expecting any issues with our rooms. It must've been a challenge dealing with the room door and light fitting issues throughout your visit. I'm very sorry for the letdown. As improvements need to be handled locally, I deemed it necessary to inform the hotel of your experience. They will make sure the necessary steps are taken to improve the quality of their accommodations.

Thank you for writing this review, and I hope our paths cross again so we can provide you with a much better experience.

All the best,

Joel A
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed August 17, 2019

This hotel was a disappointment. We have stayed in several Holiday Inns but this did not come up to their standard. There is no lift & our room was up 2 staircases & at the end of a long corridor. Everything was very clean in the room but it all looked a little "tired" & in need of attention. The beds were very comfortable as were the pillows but as we had an "Executive" room, the rest was rather shabby. The staff didn't smile or even acknowledge our existence most of the time. The breakfast on our first morning was a shambles & on the second morning there was no-one to offer us tea or coffee for about ten minutes. The breakfast was poor by the Company's standard. The evening meal - was dreadful & poor in quantity. The highlight, was the young lady who looked after our room: She worked hard on the room to make it fresh for us & she SMILED.
We will be going to Norwich again but we will stay elsewhere. This was our DIAMOND WEDDING ANNIVERSARY and we were celebrating it by going to The Catholic Cathedral on the feast of the Assumption: This was brilliant & the cathedral was packed. A shame about the Holiday Inn.

Room tip: View it first.

Hello CecileCovill,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.

We always strive to make you feel welcome and valued and I'm saddened that we've missed the mark this time. I'm sorry to hear your discomfort due to the upkeep of the room. It's concerning to learn that the breakfast and evening meal didn't match your expectations. This is not the resemblance of true hospitality that we want you to remember us.

I shared this with our hotel management along with your feedback regarding our staff misdemeanor. I'm certain that appropriate actions will be discussed to improve the service. Adequate coaching will also be given to the concerned staff to enhance their customer service skills.

On a brighter note, I'm glad that you found our beds comfortable and the room upkeep is up to your standards. It's also nice to know that you find our location to your liking. I'll also let our Housekeeping staff who looked after your room know that you were pleased with her service.

I recognized that we can no longer bring back what supposed to be a great time. I'm hoping you'll give us another chance to show you our commitment to providing an exceptional experience.

Happy Diamond Wedding Anniversary to you and to your spouse! I wish you all the love, health, and togetherness, for years to come!

Jomar M.