All reviews ipswich road marsh harrier swimming pool health club plenty of parking lady on reception coach party coach trip city centre executive room ring road steam room car park leisure facilities no lift tea coffee the ground floor
Reviewed December 7, 2015

Stayed here one night, check in was quick, efficient and friendly. We had a drink in the bar which is cosy and warm, particularly liked the television with the crackling fire on, nearly as good as the real thing but not quite! The rooms are very comfortable, clean and with all mod cons, ironing anyone? The one niggle I have, which is not something easy to resolve is the size of the bathroom, they are tiny, if there is anyone over 15 stone, I think you would struggle to negotiate your way in or out of the bathroom without being bruised. A poor design. Other than that this is a hotel that does what it says on the tin.

Date of stay: December 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lbarnard1893462
Lucy R, Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2015

Dear Lbarnard1893462,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay. Its great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, and the crackling fire is a great feature.We hope you will return to us again in the future.

Reviewed December 1, 2015

I've stayed in Holiday Inn's in the past both at home and abroad and been happy with the experience. However Ipswich Road was a disappointment mainly due to the quality of food served in the lounge. I ordered a tuna bake sandwich served on brown toasted bread which came untoasted and cheese which had not melted. At breakfast there were no yogurts or bread rolls and servery food which could have been fresher. Couldn't gain access to the internet via WiFi until the following morning? In defence the room was comfortable enough and staff pleasant.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Lucy R, Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2015

Dear David N,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay. I have discussed your feedback with the head chef. We are in the process of revamping breakfast, so hopefully on your return you will see the improvements.

Reviewed November 29, 2015 via mobile

After paying £49 for room only at Holiday Inn Northampton, the previous night, I was expecting good things for being charged £154 for Dinner, bed and breakfast at this hotel.
Problem 1 - not recognised as a priority club member on arrival. I had to remind the receptionist to ask me if I wanted points or a drink.
Problem 2 - I arrived at 18:00 and was asked to book a restaurant table before 19:30 due to the hotel having 2 large coach parties and a Christmas party to deal with. One of the benefits of this hotel is the swimming pool and gym. Unfortunately, I was unable to use these facilities due to booking a table for 18:45.
Problem 3 - looking forward to a quick shower before the meal I was confronted with a dirty bath, see picture. While the hotel urges you to report any problems to the front desk, doing so would have delayed my restaurant booking.
Problem 4 - after arriving at the restaurant at 18:45, my Bread board starter, Holiday Inn salad main, Greek yoghurt and coulis desert, and a pint of cider, attracted an extra payment of £9.23. The desert was delivered at 20:24.
However, the restaurant staff worked tirelessly to meet the demand imposed on them.
Overall, having stayed here previously for £67 room only, I do not feel that the room rate charged is good value when the service delivered is reduced.
Finally, why do Holiday Inn not inform their customers in advance that they may have reduced/restricted services near Christmas? Unfortunately, they reserve this as a nice surprise for when you check-in.
Conclusion - poorer service can cost you more!

Trip type: Traveled solo
Lucy R, Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2015

Dear Nigel R,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay and I am sorry to hear you felt let down. I will pass your feedback onto the reception with regards to recognition, this is an area the team work hard on, so I will ensure this is picked up and mentioned to the team member involved. We are now in full swing for Christmas and the local Thursford show which is very popular. We do advise guests on check-in, better times to eat in the restaurant when it is busier. We do encourage guests to contact reception if they have any issue's during there stay so they are able to recitfy. If your bath was as per your picture, a call to reception would of had this fixed straight away and the team would of seen for themselves to ensure this is passed onto me to discuss with housekeeping. I will discuss all of your feedback with the team and make sure this is actioned for the future.

Reviewed November 20, 2015 via mobile

Two of us met for a business meeting. Ordered 2 coffees which took 15 minutes to arrive.

Soulless atmosphere but very clean. No free wifi. Comfortable seats but too low for working on next to table.

Lots of free parking which is always a bonus.

Trip type: Traveled on business
Lucy R, Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2015

Dear cherrypotts,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent visit to the hotel. The hotel is a very central meeting point for business meetings and gets very lively during the day, due to having a comfortable lounge area with Starbucks and light lunches. I am sorry that you did not enjoy your experience and will pass your feedback onto the team members.

Reviewed November 13, 2015 via mobile

Very nice one night stay for a business trip. The hotel was very clean, efficient and friendly. The evening meal and breakfast were nice and served promptly. The room was spacious, clean and quiet and I had a great nights sleep. Plenty of car parking Z X free wifi.

Date of stay: November 2015
Lucy R, Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2015

Dear mruttoxeter,

Thank you for your lovely review regarding your recent stay. Its always great to hear that the team looked after you and that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.