“Brilliant”

Holiday Inn Norwich
Ranked #18 of 50 Hotels in Norwich
Reviewed October 26, 2013

I stay here on business on a regular basis, this visit was a weekend break with the family. Every time I stay I am greeted by friendly staff, nothing is too much trouble and they make you feel like an important person not just another guest. The reception area is spotless and this carries on into the bar area.The rooms are clean and tidy and the beds are comfortable and you get a good nights sleep. The choice of food at breakfast is good and it is well cooked and even though it is a buffet style breakfast the food is warm and well presented, the staff in the restaurant are again friendly and helpful. If you are staying in Norwich this is the place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Diane M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Dear ClanGraham

I am delighted you had such a great stay and that my team all looked after you so well.

We aim to please!

Thrilled that you would recommend us as the place to stay when in Norwich,

Hope to see you again soon!

Have a lovely evening
Kindest regards

Reviewed October 24, 2013

We stayed at this hotel as part of a family group to visit members of our family in Norwich. We stayed over two nights and we were really impressed with the hotel' the staff were all very helpful, the food was well presented and of a high standard. The rooms were clean and comfortable and we would certainly use this hotel again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Diane M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2013

Dear Margaret L

Delighted you had such a lovely stay with us and that my team looked after you so well.
I will be sure to pass on your great comments to my team

I do hope when next in Norwich you will come and stay again!

Have a lovely weekend!

Reviewed October 23, 2013

I had one bad night at this hotel.
The management team were friendly helpful and attentive.
I am now a regular visitor and the service is the best you will get in Norwich.
Service and staff are excellent!
Give them a try and tell them John sent you.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Diane M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

Dear John F

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review on trip advisor
I am delighted you enjoy staying with us on a regular basis.

My team and I strive to provide the best service to all of our guests and sometimes we get it wrong,so feedback both positive and negative is always welcomed so that we can continually improve on our services and service.

Kindest Regards

Reviewed October 22, 2013

I was astounded by the overall cost of my stay in this hotel.
My 'deluxe' room was clean and adequate, but the only deluxe item was an especially large television.

£11 for breakfast was excessive. I was leaving early, so only had some grapefruit and 2 slices of toast. A reduced rate for a smaller breakfast would be welcome.

Finally I was amazed at the price of the wifi service. When I booked my room I presumed "wifi in every room" meant that it was included in the price..... I would have had to pay £25 for internet access for my 2 day stay. This is robbery.

I wouldn't consider staying here again

Dear Matthew S

Great to see that you had a good stay.
Although disappointed you felt the breakfast we offer was not good value,our breakfast is fantastic value.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

Having stayed at the newer Holiday Inn at Winnersh Triangle this Holiday Inn feels a little dated by comparison. The room size was acceptable and the bathroom and TV was modern. The room I had was clean and comfortable. The room rate was competitive but if you want to add internet access then this was expensive - £15 for 24 hours. I believe there are internet-inclusive rates available so if you need an internet connection it could be worth going this route.

The hotel is a few miles from the town centre - about £10 in a taxi from the train station. There are a couple of Holiday Inns in Norwich so it is worth looking into each of them. I can't compare because this is the only one in Norwich I've stayed in.

So overall no problems but nothing exceptional either.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Diane M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Dear hammerboro

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review regarding your recent stay.

Great to see that you had an overall good stay but disappointed you would recommend other holiday inns in Norwich.

The price for a taxi into the city and train station is £6.50

Feedback both negative and positive is always welcomed so that we can continually improve our products and services

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Typical chain hotel.

We were upgraded as our room had been given out wrongly to other people booking in before us, so actually that was good, as it was very spacious with a sofa, although the bathroom was tiny - difficult to get two people in there at the same time....The main problem was the bed which was far too soft for my back, giving me severe problems every morning of the three nights we stayed there.

We had asked when booking, for a room accessible by lift, but this did not transpire, presumably because our original room had been gievn to others (I only realised I had asked for this when I got home and was typing this up against our order through booking.com).

Very reasonable rates for weekend, but thought that the adequate breakfast was overpriced.
We did not dine in as we tend to avoid hotel chain formula food.

Overall not too bad, but shock horror on the Sunday night trying to get an early drink at the bar, before we went out to dinner : I asked what sherries they had, which seemed to bemuse the barman, becuase he couldn't find any, OK then, I'll have a Campari and lemonade. More bemusement, and searching of shelves, then he showed me a bottle of Pimms saying "This is the same, isn't it?". Sorry, sunshine, it isn't, and shame on Holiday Inns employing a barman who doesn't know the difference, and for not stocking either sherry or Campari. I did complain to reception about this as we went out to dinner drinkless and they said they would pass the message on.

Room Tip: You have to go down stairs to Ground floor rooms and there is no lift. First floor rooms are level w...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Diane M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

Dear jj-the-jetsetter

Many thanks for your recent review.

Great to read that overall you had a good stay.
Disappointed that you didn't dine in our restaurant as we do freshly prepared specials daily which are well received and delicious.

Apologies but we don't have a lift here,I will ensure that that is clear on all booking websites,so as not to disappoint other guests.

I have passed on your comments to my F&B Manager re the drinks issue,again we would not like to disappoint other guests.

Great to get feedback,positive and negative so we can continually improve our services and products.

Have a great day!

Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

Would recommend this chain having been very unhappy with a stay at a competitor chain. Not ideal location for town centre but very comfortable and good service. Food was very good, dinner and breakfast although I do think breakfast is a bit pricey if like me you dont eat a lot. But definitely recommend

• Stayed: September 2013
Diane M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

Dear jjones 147

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review on trip advisor

I am absolutely delighted you have had such a great stay and that you would recommend other travellers to stay here.

Guest satisfaction is paramount to myself and the team,they will be delighted with your comments.

I do hope that when next in Norwich we get the chance to meet.

Have a great day!