“All a bit tired...”

Holiday Inn Norwich
Ranked #18 of 50 Hotels in Norwich
Reviewed July 4, 2013

The hotel needs a good spruce up. The sofa in the bedroom was stained and quite frankly disgusting. The service at breakfast was lackluster and checking out took far too long because there was only one person on the desk.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Diane M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2013

Dear YorkshireCol,

I am very disappointed you had issues during your recent stay with us here in Norwich.

I have to say this is certainly not our usual standard.

I do hope that when next in Norwich you will let us restore your faith and come and stay again

Please email me directly diane.mctague@ihg.com

Have a great weekend!

Reviewed July 3, 2013

We have stayed here many times before and are never disappointed. This time round we stayed for two weekends in June as we were here for a swimming competition. The rooms are extremely comfortable. The staff at this hotel are extremely good and do everything possible to make your stay a good one. The restaurant staff are excellent and the food and service are fantastic. They were even able to open the restaurant earlier the usual when we needed an early breakfast. We will continue to return to this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Diane M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

Dear Arniegirl,

I am delighted you had such a great stay and that every time you do stay its enjoyable.
Great to hear that my team have looked after you and you will return!

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Really friendly staff,on reception and with room, excellent facilities, a very good nights sleep in a quiet hotel. Would highly recommend. Also had a 32 inch tv instead of the usual 27 inch and a five foot wide bed!!! Only thing I would say is the restaurant is a bit pricey

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Diane M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Dear Kelswd,thanks for taking the time to post a review on trip advisor.

I am delighted you had such a great stay and that you found our facilities enjoyable!

Hope we can welcome you back next time you are in Norwich!

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Pleasantly surprised by the hotel, executive room was more than adequate for my needs, was comfortable and quiet which allowed me to work in peace, although I met some colleagues for an evening meal out side of the hotel and didn't experience the fare on offer,I did have breakfast which was buffet style and was fresh and plentiful,will definitely stay here next time I visit Norwich ,thanks to the staff who were pleasant and helpful .

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Dear ivan501,Many thanks for posting a review of your recent stay on trip advisor.

Delighted you had a great stay and that my team looked after you.

I do hope that we can welcome you back soon!

Reviewed June 30, 2013

I stayed at the Holiday Inn over the weekend, cannot say anything more than Great stay!! Staff are super friendly, nothing was to much trouble, perfect location, room was immaculate, great parking facilities, and breakfast was lovely. Would definitly recommend this hotel for anyone visiting Norwich area.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Dear Lucy H, Many thanks for taking the time to post a review on trip advisor regarding your recent stay.

I am delighted you enjoyed your visit to Norwich and that you found my team friendly and helpful.

I do hope that when next in Norwich you will come and stay again!

Kind Regards

Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for a night before a christening. So looking for value and easy with family. Outside appearance not the best but once inside, very clean and friendly. Room petite but good use of space. Sofa bed perfectly adequate for 2 kids as two separate halves though turned almost all the room in to a bed! Bathroom clean and thoughtfully arranged for its size.
Pool nice for a quick dip.
Dinner, b&b deal good and kids ate free. Told of slow service as we arrived at the restaurant due to bus load however service was fine and had nice family meal. Meal deal selection bit limited but could deviate for £2.50. kids meals good size portions and ok. Staff were nice and good with kids.

Room was noisey but neighbours settled around 11! Only bothered by them when awake.

breakfast was nice, adequate and ok. kids(and I) really enjoyed the pancake machine. Stocks were fresh and monitored well.

May not revisit but only because not likely to be in the area again though did enjoy Norfolk.....

• Stayed: June 2013

Dear Lunar99,

Delighted you and your family had such a good stay and that you liked the pancake machine!!its very popular with the children!!!

Norfolk is such a beautiful part of the country,I do hope that if you do decide to visit again you will come and stay!

Reviewed June 23, 2013

We arrived early afternoon. Check in drove me mad as the receptionist just kept saying she was waiting for housekeeping to say when room was ready. We had to leave at 2.30 to go somewhere and our room still wasn't ready! We arrived back at 5 and eventually got our key but the whole place was noisy and manic as there was a wedding going on!! Rooms are small but ok. Soft beds. When I showered I noticed someone else's conditioner had not been cleaned out of the shower tiles properly!!
I just try to ignore it! Breakfast was ok but noisy. Not a great deal of choice to be honest! It wouldn't have been my first choice to stay there so probably won't rush back!!!

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Diane M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Dear Amandad 43,
Many thanks for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us here at the Holiday Inn Norwich.

I am very disappointed with the issues that you encountered during your stay.
I will certainly investigate with the relevant HODs.
We welcome all feedback positive and negative so we can continually improve our products and services.

Please feel free to email me directly diane.mctague@ihg.com

Kind Regards