“GOOD BUT COULD DO BETTER”

Holiday Inn Norwich
Ranked #19 of 50 Hotels in Norwich
Leicester, United Kingdom
“GOOD BUT COULD DO BETTER”
Reviewed August 29, 2012

I stayed in IHG Hotels since 1973 in Africa, in the Americas, Asia and in Europe.
IHG have set the bench marks for quality of service, food, cleanliness and acceptable comfort. One pays for these standards. On business I have used five and four star hotels, whilst on private family occasions; I usually stayed in four and three star hotels. One expects good quality and value for money from any IHG Hotel.
CLEAR PACKAGE OFFERS
I like clear hotel package offers so that when I make a booking I am aware of the likely cost of the stay so that there are no unpleasant surprise extras.
People are going through a difficult economic period in Europe and the USA right now and many people are being forced to tighten their belts and to try to get the best value deals from hotels.
Incomes in many cases are not keeping up with inflation. People want to get away any enjoy good hotels as long as they feel they are getting a good deal. They don’t want to be surprised by unexpected extra charges after they have arrived
SERVICE AT RECEPTION ON ARRIVAL AND CHECKOUT
I would prefer to be welcomed to the Hotel and reminded of the package that I was booked on.
At Holiday Inn Norwich, my special deal was (241) two nights for the price without breakfast.
I would like to be reminded of the option of the cost of a cooked breakfast on the day and if I prepaid for breakfast on arrival. Also any other deals the hotel had to offer.

ROOM QUALITY
Our room was clean, but the plunger plug in the wash basin did not work. To have a wet shave, I had to run the top water continuously. I reported this fault, but it had not been fixed by the time we had checked out.

GOOD POINT
This hotel offered fish for breakfast, which was a big plus

BAD POINT
It did not appear to have a lift (evevator)

Room Tip: The hotel is set back from the road so is generally quiet
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
Burton upon Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 25, 2012

We had a delightful stay at the Holiday Inn, Ipswich Road, Norwich. The Spirit Health Club was well equiped, although the swimming pool was a bit on the small side. The room had everything for a comfortable stay and the reception staff were extremely helpful supplying us with as much tea, coffe, milk and sugar as we wanted for use in our room. It was a very pleasant couple of days and nights away.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Lincoln, UK
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We booked a room for 3 people - a double bed and a sofa bed was the deal - but why is it that at medium-priced hotels like this the staff don't seem to have the forsight to think about how many people are staying in the room? Why were no extra towels provided for the third guest? Why were no extra cups provided?! We were made to feel very lucky to receive an extra Twix when booking in...but the moment turned awkward when our third guest wasn't allowed.....bizarre! We reported some broken tiles in the shower - they looked so loose they looked like they could fall off and into the bath at any moment, and were told that there are no maintenance staff working at the weekend but that our "comments have been noted". It was a minor inconvenience but really? Do you really have no maintenance staff working at the weekend - what a pickle this hotel would be in if something more technical occurred! A simple apology would have sufficed instead of a bullish attitude from the receptionist! The room itself was large enough, but out of proportion to the small bathroom which incidentally had no air-con or means of de-steaming the room when it became too hot. Usual paid-for TV services and bedding etc - quite a comfortable bed. Only stayed for 1 night so didn't have chance to try the bar or food service. About a 10-minute drive into Norwich city centre.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Saddleworth
Reviewed August 15, 2012

My friend and I stayed at this lovely Hotel last week and we were delighted with every aspect
Our rooms were lovely, the staff very friendly and helpful,the food was very good.
The quiet location is really nice and peaceful, no noise at night from traffic.
In fact we could not fault this Hotel in anyway.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Eckersleybren
Martin S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich, responded to this review, August 18, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback on your stay at Holiday Inn Norwich.
To hear that you had such an enjoyable stay really does emphasis to both me and my staff how important it is to treat every guest with the highest quality of service. I am thrilled to hear you could not fault our hotel and I really hope we can welcome you back to Holiday Inn Norwich again!

Once again thank you for taking the time to feedback to us, we appreciate it greatly.
israel
Reviewed August 11, 2012

This is a nice comfortable hotel for business travel. its really a smart motel but has the comfortable rooms and good service of a Holiday Inn. I thought it was slightly overpriced but it must be an expensive area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank kibbutznik_9
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 9, 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights in different dates thea last one in December 2011 for the sake of spending nights away from home. And every time, we are very much satisfied with our rooms and service from staff. Our bedrooms have been spacious and very clean each instance of our stay. The evening meals and buffet breakfast were very nice. I would recommend this hotel to my friends and other holidaymakers!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank PinoySaNorwich
Dear Jhobzkie,

Firstly, please let me thank you for taking your time to write a review on Tripadvisor about our hotel. To see your feedback about our service, rooms and food is excellent. I am also very glad to hear that we have kept up to your expectation since your last stay and that you once again had a pleasant stay in Holiday Inn Norwich.

Its great to know that you would recommend our hotel to others and I also hope that you will return yourselves in the near future.

Kind Regards
lincolnshire
Reviewed August 7, 2012

This hotel has had a revamp since our last visit and is much improved. Modern rooms with everything you need. The staff were all excellent and well trained, nothing was too much trouble for them. We checked in on a very hot day and were given a cold orange drink as we registered, that was very much appreciated, thank you. It set the tone and we felt well looked after during our stay.
Just one minus point, the spa now needs an update. The pool is looking past its best.
See you again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank foodygirl2
Dear Guest,

I am pleased to hear that the renovation on areas of our hotel have been noticed by you our guests and that they have made an improvement.
Also the kind comments you have made about our staff are very pleasing to hear. I will ensure that your comments are passed onto my members of staff.

With regards to the Health Club & Spa, we are currently awaiting to undergo some refurbishments within this department. Hopefully if you decide to ever return to Norwich and stay with us again, you will be able to see this yourself.

Kind Regards