“The Best South Indian food in Norwich”
Review of Spice Paradise

Spice Paradise
Ranked #456 of 829 Restaurants in Norwich
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: IT is the only Indian restaurant in our area specialising in Southern Indian Recipes i.e. lots of vegetarian dishes and also the Thali Meal and Dosa specialities.
Norwich, UK
“The Best South Indian food in Norwich”
Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

I love my Indian food and Spice Paradise offers a whole range of South Indian dishes that you do not often find locally. So if you want to experiment with some new Indian dishes this is the place to try.

The service is very good and whenever I have been the speed of service is also good.

This is now a regular haunt for me.

Visited January 2014
2 Thank stuartlamb

Norwich, United Kingdom
“Happy to visit again”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

I organised a NYE meal for my friends and was very pleased with the service. This is the second time I've come to the restaurant and i have not been disappointed with my visits. The food is very different from the other restaurants in Norwich and i recommend Spice Paradise to every one! The staff are very friendly and always there if you need any help. The kerala fish curry i had ordered was brilliant as it full of flavor and not too spicy for me as i had asked them. Even though the food was a tiny bit late it was defiantly worth the wait. Very cost effective food as well!

1 Thank Dana J
“Disappointing”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Visited as part of a large group and ordered a lamb vindaloo. The spice level was on par with a mild tikka masala and being a spice lover this was disappointing. Service was slightly disorganised and took over 20 minutes to wait for our bill (this was an absolute mess and had no way to check it). Toilets are also in need of modernisation.

Ali Tandoori's is just down the road and a lot better!

Norwich, United Kingdom
“Good food if you're prepared to wait”
Reviewed December 30, 2013

This is a really good place to try South Indian cuisine and have not been disappointed so far. There are various items on the menu that I haven't always seen in other Indian restaurants in the city, and it has allowed me to try a few different things that I wouldn't normally have gone for or known about.

However, if you do come here then the service can be a bit slow, and this hasn't always been on a night when the restaurant has been full. It is usually worth waiting for, but if you want your meal quickly then this may not be for you. My friends and I are happy to keep coming here for now.

• Visited December 2013
“Very poor value for Money”
Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

I visited this place to try out some Indian food with a view of asking them to cater for a bigger event, but it turned out to be a culinary nightmare.

We started with starters which were average and this was probably the best part of the night. The quality of food diminished with the main courses which were not only sweet ( supposed to be spicy Indian food), but also COLD!!! We ordered a few Indian dishes which were served and then ordered the breads. 15 mins after our main courses arrived, we were told that the breads were not ready and they were not sure if they could prepare the Nan and the chapattis. We were told that they were busy as a couple of their chefs had gone to London on the day!!! This resulted in them being short staffed and not able to manage the crowd present ( the restaurant was half full)

Finally we got one Nan , one chapatti and one puri by which time all our curries were ice cold . The breads were not cooked and you could still taste the raw dough.

To top it all, we were handed a bill at the end with no apology and little remorse .

In all,a wasted Sunday evening , a palate still rueful about the awful tastes it had just been exposed to and an experience , I hope, will never be repeated.