“Enjoyable Meal” 3 of 5 bubbles

Artorios
Ranked #302 of 812 Restaurants in Norwich
Cuisines: Pizza, Mediterranean, Greek
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Artorio’s is a typical Greek/Mediterranean Taverna where you can eat as much or a little as you like and choose from a range of drinks, wines and beers. A place where you will always receive a warm welcome; a welcome as warm as the Mediterranean sun!
Peterborough, United Kingdom
“Enjoyable Meal”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

Diverse menu with plenty of choice, good food and good service. A little characterless however very enjoyable for a quick evening meal.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Norwich, United Kingdom
“Worth every penny”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012

We went there on Saturday evening, without booking a table in advance, as we were not expecting it to be too buzy.We were wrong-it was full of people having Christmas parties.Nevertheless, we got table strait away.When the problem of table's location apeard (strait in front of the entrance/exit door),so the draft become too much for me,as I'm four months pregnant, we asked to be given another table. The girl in charge of the seating very kindly explained that she'll find us something,but we'll have to wait for about 30min,as the place was packed.And,really,after half an hour,we were transfered to much warmer place.They also apologized for the noise coming from the partying people,but we didn't mind that at all.Excelent service!!!Now about
the food-just one word:amazing!My hubby and I are great fans of Greek cousine and are frequent visitors of Greece,so we do know how it should taste&look when it's good.I can honestly say that last night we felt like we were transported to one of the tavernas in Corfy Town,that's how little difference there was.Portions were generous and easy on the eyes,too.It wasn't cheap,but it was't expencive,either.I would definitely recomend this restaurant when you want a little treat for yourself and your loved ones.

• Visited December 2012
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Awful”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

I wouldnt normally ever write a review, but was so dissapointed with this restraunt i felt i should. I have been here twice, the first time was fine - slow service but no real problems. However, the second time I went was possibly the worst eating out experience ive ever had. After being seated quickly we ordered our drinks- we waited fifteen minutes for our drinks whilst at least four members of staff stood chatting at the bar. My boyfriend then noticed our drinks sat on the bar, ready to be served whilst the staff chattered away. I managed to get the attention of a waitress and mentioned that we'd been waiting for fifteen mins and that i thought they might be the drinks sat at the bar - it then took another ten minutes for them to be brought over. By this time both our starter of bread and oil AND our maincourses followed only a minute later. No apology was made for any of this - simply put down on the table with no comment.

The food itself was awful, i had the lamb served with potatoes and med. vegetables - the fat was literally pure fat and the vegetables were clearly frozen. The sauce that accompanied it was so watery and thin that it meant my food was practically floating. No one ever came over and asked how our food was or if we would like anything else, and it seemed to us like this was because they realised that it wasnt satisfactory.

In the end the bill came to £52 including a beer and a glass of wine - very steep for awful food. Will not be going back here again and will certainly be warning others off coming here.

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank beckig10
London, United Kingdom
“Reasonable food, slow service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012

Went with wife, two granddaughters and daughter with her family. Provided child menu, although children left a lot. I ate spaghetti carbonara which was rather dry. Service was terrible, had to keep asking for extra drinks, and waited a long time for the children's desserts.

Visited November 2012
2 Thank rap470210
England
“Expensive for what you get”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

Food was OK but I thought it was very expensive for the amount of food you get. We had about 15 dishes of tapas between the 6 of us with 1 drink each and the cost was approx £85. The tapas dishes didn't have much substance and were mostly sauce.

Visited October 2012