“Different!”

Ranked #277 of 864 Restaurants in Norwich
Cuisines: International, Bar, Wine Bar
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: All Bar One Norwich is a stylish city bar where you can catch up with friends, unwind after work or simply find a sophisticated space to indulge in an excellent selection of food.Within easy reach of Tombland, the Lanes and the City Cathedral, All Bar One Norwich is the perfect place to meet up with friends or unwind with work colleagues. Of all the bars in Norwich, we've got the right blend of food, drink and atmosphere at any time of day.
Reviewed July 30, 2013

On a day out to Norwich we (4 adults, 2 children) chanced on this restaurant when it was well past our lunchtime! It was a very hot day and the air con interior was a very welcome relief. It was around 1.45pm and there was only a couple of tables that were taken. You have to speak as you find and the waitress was very friendly and helpful, the menu was varied and interesting, and the decor and furnishings were 'unique'. We asked for water which was supplied with ice and lemon without charge or question. (I always think that water should always be provided without having to ask, but very rarely is). The food was perfectly alright, not exceptional but hot and served well. We had a couple of beers and it was a pleasant place to spend an hour or so before tackling the shops!! As stated, they weren't busy so I can't say if this made a difference to the service and food but we all found it perfectly adequate.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Staff immature and rude. Food ?
When i called back to speak to Manager staff put phone down and didnt seem interested in resolving my problem.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

Funny how things can change with different travelers experiences. Four of us had a very pleasant early evening meal here with good service, nice food and pleasant wine. The atmosphere was alive with conversation and there was a general buzz about the place. If I visit Norwich again I would definitely use this restaurant.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

I went to All Bar One last month and was surprised to find the old manager had been transferred (hopefully promoted) to Windsor.

It was early evening and there were only 2 other tables occupied with 2 diners on each.

Well, the first thing I noticed was the pleasant greeting had gone, just a stressed "sit anywhere" from an unsmiling new manager,

Mmmmmm.

Well, we did sit "anywhere" and the waitress came over....a bright personality and we ordered.

The entre of dips was as usual, very good, but when we asked for another 2 slices of bread, after a few minutes, the waitress returned to say that the new manager had told her it would be an additional £2 !!! Hello !!

Well, we decided against that and also against buying a bottle of wine (at over £30).

So onto the main courses. You can always tell when chefs' are stressed and when they are in control.

Last time we had been there, the food was just great. The place was packed and the old manager was really making sure that everyone was enjoying themselves.

Fast forward to this evening. The place was still relatively empty. By the time our main courses arrived, there were another 5 people in the restaurant area. Still no sign of the manager....even just to introduce himself.

Anyway, to cut to the chase, the food was adequate....but tasted like it was prepared without care or by an angry chef. I know this sounds an unusual remark, but you can really taste the difference when the kitchen is calm and in control. So I mentioned this to our waitress and she apologised but added that the new manager was stressing everyone out.

Well, after that we left.

Would we return? Yes, but with much lower expectations.

If the new manager is still there, we would most likely have a drink and leave to eat elsewhere.

Its really sad, as this was a great place.

There's an earlier post by David E that I totally agree with.

1  Thank Khunant
Reviewed April 18, 2013

The place is nice but the service is painfully slow and the food was not good.
I was there with a group of friends and we got some dips for starters. Taste was not good but the thing that got on my nerves was that we had 5 little pieces of bread for a big amount of dips. this gets on my nerves because then we were obliged to get some other bread, so we ask the waiter and he brings us 3 tiny pieces of ciabatta. Seriously, they were so tiny that could not even feed a child. So I thought ok, maybe they are not going to charge us for this, but I was so wrong! 3 little pieces of ciabatta for £2.50, I am shocked!
Then we got our burgers and tah dah! meat was so dry and felt like carbon.
But this is not the end because there's always room for dessert right? we got ice cream and cookies. This one was so hard to chew I should have thrown it away.
To sum: do not go there!

1  Thank Tokyonome85