“Great place to eat!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 10, 2014

Love the atmosphere, the service can be a bit hit and miss but if you are not in a hurry it's fine. Food is very good, not had a bad meal, although it can lean towards the mean side of its portions! It's in a great location and always has a good buzz about it. Good value for money.

There are newer reviews for Carluccio's - Norwich

Reviewed August 8, 2014

For a "famous name" brand the food is simply not good enough! We have sampled lunch in the London restaurant and this was much better (competition in London is very keen). So is Norwich really seriously striving for culinary excellence? Perhaps a good average is what is being sought, although, to be fair, standards across several venues can be difficult to maintain.

Service in Carluccio's (Norwich) was very good on the day we dined there (lunch, midweek). Our waiter was attentive and extremely helpful - I guess this will vary depending on the shift and the individual who serves your table, but top marks on the day in question.

The atmosphere in the restaurant is certainly unusual, as it is situated at the entrance/exit to the Chapelfield Mall in the city. As a diversion from the food/service it is an excellent "people watching site". We found the interior rather gloomy when compared to a window seat or an outside table.

There are several restaurants immediately adjacent to Carluccio's, just outside Chapelfield Mall. Check out the alternatives before you choose!

Reviewed July 29, 2014

Just incredible - staff fantastic, service quick and friendly. Only too happy to help.

Tiramisu is one of the most amazing dishes in the world and has to be Number One recipe and is very well made here...

Reviewed July 28, 2014

We popped in for our anniversary lunch after seeing the giant meringues in the window. We were very quickly shown to a table and seated. A waitress quickly came to take out orders when we hadn't had enough time to read but she took drinks orders and then came back. Service was great and when I asked about a dish I was told I could have it amended to suit me if I wished which was really good. The starters were delicious and good portion sizes, my main was a little disappointing but my husband said his fish stew was amazing. Again the service was good someone came and checked in with us and then our plates were cleared quickly. Our baby was starting to stir so they quickly bought us the bill and we were on our way. The only negative is that £8.50 for a glass of wine is a bit expensive.

Reviewed July 24, 2014

I can't speak for the rest of the food, but a good Italian coffee and one of the best Danish pastries I've ever had (a choice of several) for only £2 up to 12.00 on weekdays is an incredible offer!