“Pleasant stay”

Ranked #20 of 80 Norwich B&B and Inns
London, England
“Pleasant stay”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Stayed one night in early April. Would recommend as the room (albeit not very big) was comfortable and the shower room fine. Towels etc.OK. Good breakfast in the lovely breakfast room,overlooking the garden. About a 15 minute walk into the city centre. Friendly and unobtrusive hosts. Not easy to find! Look out for the Catholic Cathedral as a landmark on Earlham Road.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SCSW2

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I've just spent two weeks on business in Norwich staying with Don at the Beaufort Lodge. What a find! The welcome was immaculate, the breakfasts were superb and the personal touches were a real treat. My work was pretty stressful but the one certainty I had during the whole stay was that I had somewhere welcoming, comfortable and homely to come back to.

Thanks so much for the hospitality - I will always come here first if I'm back in Norwich.

Room Tip: Rooms 1 & 2 are on their own landing/wing and the communal area up there is furnished with table...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here to be close to our friend's house for a party. We had a great welcome, wonderful breakfast, and great facilities in the rooms. And wi-fi! For very reasonable rates. Many thanks, would recommend highly.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Katie P
Reviewed January 5, 2013

I booked this as a short weekend away with my girlfriend. Although when we arrived we weren't quite sure of its whereabouts, we were pleasantly surprised with how easy it was to get to it from the city centre. Eatlham road itself is lovely to walk down and feels like it's in a very nice and safe area, even at night. We especially enjoyed visiting the Catholic cathedral nearby. Don seemed lovely, and hospitable but was not intrusive, which we really liked. The king size room was incredibly comfortable and warm, and the best nights sleep I've had in a while! If a criticism had to be made, then the only improvement I could suggest would be that the rooms are dusted more thoroughly, but I am a neat freak! However I would definitely stay here again without hesitation as I thoroughly enjoyed my stay!

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Axelbagenal
Solihull, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

I always use Beaufort lodge for work as I'm a travelling salesman and find the location excellent.
A short walk into Norwich with lots of individual bars and restaurants.
Rooms are very comfy clean and host don is a polite and courteous hotelier

Great breakfasts mean I keep on coming back highly recommended

• Stayed December 2012
2 Thank Iain W
Braintree, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Our fourth stay, with Don and Alwyn, who are always so welcoming. Nothing is too much trouble to help make our stay comfortable and relaxed. The location is perfect for walking into Norwich, especially for The Assembly Rooms and the Theatre. We are booked again for another stay this year.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Stayed here for three nights and could not fault the owner's service. The room was extremely comfortable, light and airy. My partner described the room as 'dated', I described it as 'character', but we both agreed it was clean and fresh. The weather was very hot so we were grateful that there were so many windows to open in the room! We had a room with a bath and shower attachment, which was fine as we were never in a rush. The breakfast was superb, with lots of choice and every consideration had been taken to ensure we were happy. Especially loved over looking the garden at breakfast and watching the birds/ squirrel. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed August 2012