Premier Inn Norwich Nelson City Centre Hotel
Ranked #3 of 50 Hotels in Norwich
Reviewed December 23, 2012

Stayed here on a Friday night whilst doing Christmas shopping on a saver rate of £19 and was greeted by friendly receptionists who were helpful and informative. The car park has a barrier and we parked the car there all weekend knowing it wouldn't cost anything the city centre only a short walk away.
The room was facing the river and they did warn us of some traffic noise but it didn't spoil our night there. There was some shouting in the street opposite but no problem, spotless and comfortable.
The restaurant was busy with Christmas party's but we were well looked after by our waiter Jordan I think his name was. The meal was very good and priced well, only complaint was not being able to finsh dessert.
All in all a great little break, well done everyone at premier inn.

• Stayed: December 2012
Write a ReviewReviews (1,853)

Reviewed December 21, 2012

I sometimes go off for short breaks birdwatching and at short notice tend to use the budget hotels that are local to where I want to be. Yet again,here at Norwich Nelson, in my view, Premier Inn knocked spots off my experiences at Travelodge, Days Inn and other competitors. etc. The others are 'sleeping factories' yet again Premier Inn go better than that.

I needed to be close to Norwich railway station. This was 200m away. Great. There is a decent size car park. The check in was friendly. On check out, the receptionist asked had I enjoyed the dinner I had attended with former colleagues the previous evening - she remembered, I wasn't just a 'number'. The room was spotlessly clean, a decent size, the location was surprisingly quiet and I slept really well. (I like their policy of giving you a choice of pillows). Breakfast was the decent upside of mass catering (but not cooked to order). Hey for £79 bed and breakfast and parking and being in the absolutely right location, these people have it right. Why can't the other budget hotel chains be at this standard?

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed December 21, 2012

This beautifully kept, spotlessly clean hotel with friendly helpful staff is in an ideal location for exploring Norwich. The receptionist could not have been more helpful, suggesting places to go and things to see and extolling the delights of holidays in Norfolk, encouraging us to return. The room was spacious, had a large screen television and a spotless bathroom with plenty of hot water. There was a good view over the river though the somewhat murky weather did not show this to full benefit! The breakfast was plentiful, varied and well cooked. We just had a one night stop but would go again and definitely recommend it to others. We were particularly lucky as we booked the room during one of Premier Inns regular sales and got a bargain!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 19, 2012

Having spent sometime in the riverside complex in Norwich, we decided to stop for something to eat, many of the mainstream restaurants in the area were booked to the hilt with Christmas parties, we wandered across the river to the Hotel, Waiting for only a few seconds before being attended to we were seated in a very busy restaurant, but on reasonable secluded table away from the Bar.

With 6 of us in the party we were pleasantly surprised that we did not have to wait, the waiter was very polite, courteous and attentive and was happy to fulfil any request asked of him.

Orders for Drinks and Food were taken swiftly but without pressure as can often be the case when they are looking for a swift turn around on tables and appropriate banter was provided by the waiter.

Food delivered swiftly, with the standard chain style cooking and presentation being applied, whilst this was standard, it was both well portioned and suitably presented and of suitable quality for the price being paid.

Drinks were again refilled at suitable times throughout the meal and despite the fact that the waiter did not have a mobile payment machine available, I did not feel inconvenienced by alternative arrangements.

All in all a very good experience and the waiter (and apologies by I cannot recall his name) is a credit to the service staff in this restaurant.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Tim K
Dee H, Cluster Sales Manager at Premier Inn Norwich Nelson City Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to review and for your fabulous comments! We're delighted you enjoyed your time with us and I'll be very happy to pass over your comments to Liam and the Team in our Tabletable Restaurant.

We do hope we'll be able to welcome you back again soon and wish you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Kind regards, Dee

Reviewed December 13, 2012

I would like to share my pleasant stay at this Hotel.. What a nice location this is?? Every thing is reachable from here.. People can enjoy this place.. Norwich city it self is a fantastic place to visit. This hotel adds more pleasure too for visitors..
I stayed one day only. But it is memorable.. Such a hospitality / guidance by the Hotel staff.. Again, it was an another wonderful stay there.

Try !!! Siva:-)

Room Tip: Try to get Road side view rooms.. Can view Pubs and evening activities..
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Dee H, Cluster Sales Manager at Premier Inn Norwich Nelson City Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2012

Many thanks for taking the time to review and for your great comments. We're very happy you enjoyed your stay with us and liked the location of the Hotel along with the service you received from our team.

We do hope we will be able to welcome you back to visit us again soon.

Seasons greeetings and Happy New Year!

Reviewed December 12, 2012

There appears to be the lack of choice of places to stay in Norwich city centre - I chose this for its convenient location for an event I was attending as I don't know Norwich. Felt that the staff were very sales-focused on arrival e.g. trying to sell me internet access (£3 for 24 hrs doesn't seem much but given the cost of the stay I see not reason why this shouldn't be standard) and dinner. Had to carry ironing board and iron up to 2nd floor with my luggage as no-one avialable to help me. The iron was cheap, water dripped onto my clothes and the base was stained. The room and bathroom were clean etc. but for the price I expect a bit more than that! B&B would probably have been cheaper and better. Front door is off the car park - awkward to find if you are arriving on foot.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Dee H, Cluster Sales Manager at Premier Inn Norwich Nelson City Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review and for your comments. We're sorry to hear that you found your stay with us disappointing.

Please contact us direct at the Hotel so that we can discuss your comments and rectify this matter with you and we do hope this isolated incident will not deter you from staying with us again.

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Many thanks, Dee

Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

A lovely location, the room we were in looked over the river. It was quite even though it was a weekend. Close walk to local amenities, lovely staff and the restaurant downstairs was amazing!
I would return tomorrow!

• Stayed: October 2012
Dee H, Cluster Sales Manager at Premier Inn Norwich Nelson City Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to review and for your lovely comments. We're very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us along with your visit to our TableTable Restaurant and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Kind regards,