“The beautiful Norfolk Broads”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Broads

The Broads
Ranked #3 of 142 things to do in Norwich
More attraction details
Owner description: This is an awe-inspiring region of interconnected waterways and lakes, which offers a wide variety of outdoor activities including boating, river cruises and an abundance of wildlife and scenery.
Leyland, United Kingdom
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“The beautiful Norfolk Broads”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

Travelling the Broads in a hire cruiser has to be experienced to appreciate it. Along with your family, friends and even pets. The more of you per boat the cheaper it is and also easier to manage. Boating on rivers through a countryside that is beautiful, peaceful and fun takes some beating. Most riverside pubs/restaurants are cheap and quality if you don't fancy cooking the majority accept dogs. The boats are well equipped with home comforts and easy to handle, there are also several yacht stations where your boat will be tended whilst moored there and they all have toilets & showers. Stop when you want if there are moorings put the kettle on or get the wine out. Search out the pubs in out of the way places usually marked on the map given to you by your boatyard. I have found Richardsons cruiser hire to be the best for cleanliness, well laid out boats and friendly helpful staff.This year I have been twice with my wife and dog also with another couple. The weather was fantastic which tends to be the case on the east coast most of the time but not guaranteed. I will be back again next year definitely.

Visited June 2014
2 Thank Tom W

Uttoxeter, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“The First Visit Won't be my Last”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2014

We went to the Norfolk Broads on a boating holiday for the last weekend of the 6 weeks' holidays and I enjoyed every minute of it. The landscape is absolutely amazing, the Broads are endless and I never regret going on a Richardsons boating holiday! It was a fantastic experience and a great place to relax and get away from our busy lives. No bad points from this trip - 5 stars!

Visited September 2013
2 Thank OMorgs
Nottingham, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“First. Impressions on the broads”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2014

Just spent a week on the broads with my son and two grandsons with Hoseasons, had a wonderful week, fantastic experience for your children to be able to control these large craft, having talked to many people while boating we came to the conclusion the economy suffered by the locals was self inflicted. We arrived at Ludham bridge moored up and decided to walk to the Dog inn got there about 3pm, they only serve food 12noon til 2pm and 6pm til 10 pm this was on a Sunday at the start of the holiday season, could not believe it, so decided to walk back to the bridge which had a little cafe, got there at 4.40pm it was shut at 4.30, we were then struggling to find something to eat so we went into the shop next door it was 4.55 whereas the owner shouted out 5 minutes left please hurry. No wonder the broads economy is struggling everyone takes their own food, and it's not cheap when you eat out. A message to the broads owners wake up be like the continentals keep open and make the prices reasonable it's not all year round trade most of all be pleasant to the public who are keeping you afloat.

7 Thank Phil N
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Always a relaxing trip.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2014

Been at least 4 times, and each time have had a relaxing trip. Driving the boat is easy, and the ability to hunt out new places each day and wake up to a new view of the countryside each morning is great. You will not get a more relaxing trip.

South Wales
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Another fantastic week on The Broads!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

Just got back from another great week up here in Norfolk. We have rented from Barnes Brinkcraft for the last two years but couldn't get the boat we were after so rented through Richardsons in Stalham. Everything was so well run - like clockwork, the boat was the Stargem 1 and although not the most modern in the fleet it was just fine for us. It handles like a monster of course, I never did get used to steering it but hey I was the one leaping around tying it up so......

I don't want to visit pubs etc just tie up and fish so can't really comment on that, there were plenty of quiet spots to retreat to and set up ( I imagine it will be a lot busier this week ), I would have preferred to visit the first week of July but work commitments dictated a later holiday unfortunately but it was a little busier than I like.

The weather was glorious for the whole week and I did burn a little whilst fishing one day ( yes I was the very blonde one with the red nose:), the people holidaying up here are so friendly, I love the way everyone waves and chats, it's the perfect way to get away from a busy life.

Thanks to all the staff at Richardsons in Stalham, you were all fab xx

Debs