“Always a relaxing trip.”
Review of The Broads

The Broads
Ranked #3 of 151 things to do in Norwich
More attraction details
Owner description: This is an awe-inspiring region of interconnected waterways and lakes, which offers a wide variety of outdoor activities including boating, river cruises and an abundance of wildlife and scenery.
Reviewed July 28, 2014

Been at least 4 times, and each time have had a relaxing trip. Driving the boat is easy, and the ability to hunt out new places each day and wake up to a new view of the countryside each morning is great. You will not get a more relaxing trip.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

Just got back from another great week up here in Norfolk. We have rented from Barnes Brinkcraft for the last two years but couldn't get the boat we were after so rented through Richardsons in Stalham. Everything was so well run - like clockwork, the boat was the Stargem 1 and although not the most modern in the fleet it was just fine for us. It handles like a monster of course, I never did get used to steering it but hey I was the one leaping around tying it up so......

I don't want to visit pubs etc just tie up and fish so can't really comment on that, there were plenty of quiet spots to retreat to and set up ( I imagine it will be a lot busier this week ), I would have preferred to visit the first week of July but work commitments dictated a later holiday unfortunately but it was a little busier than I like.

The weather was glorious for the whole week and I did burn a little whilst fishing one day ( yes I was the very blonde one with the red nose:), the people holidaying up here are so friendly, I love the way everyone waves and chats, it's the perfect way to get away from a busy life.

Thanks to all the staff at Richardsons in Stalham, you were all fab xx

Debs

1  Thank DebsSouthWales
Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

12 of us hired a boat for 6 nights on the Norfolk broads and it was so much fun.
The boat - we hired the 12 birth Emperor 2 from Barnes brinkcraft. The boat was basic but in good condition for a 3 star. The beds were a little on the small size but that was expected. There were two shower/toilet rooms but one of the toilets kept playing up. There is a small tv on the wall and a cd player. We got there expecting the boat to have electric and it was a surprise to find out there was no where to dry/straighten our hair etc and you had to boil the kettle on the hob. That been said we all had a right good laugh and there are a lot of mooring sites that have toilet blocks where you can use electricals.
Places to visit - we picked our boat up from Wroxham on the Saturday and sailed straight to potter hiem bridge for the night and there wasn't that much to do. Although the food at the broad haven pub was lovely. On the Sunday morning we sailed down to sommer Leighton and all that was there was a very expensive pub although the food was the best I've ate in a while. On the Monday morning we sailed down to alton broad and moored up at the wherrey hotel where it was 10 pound mooring fee but you got a 5 pound food voucher for meals at the pub. The food here was ok but a bit expensive for what it was. Alton broad was a lovely place with a fair bit to do, there was a park for kids and a few arcades. On the Tuesday we set off sail to Yarmouth and stopped off in Reedham on the way down and had a walk around the lovely little village and had a few pints at the ship Inn (lovely little pub on the riverside). From there we went to Yarmouth and this was the busiest place we went. We had a walk around and then had a BBQ on the bankside. On the Wednesday we sailed to Ludham bridge and went for tea in the dog Inn where the food was fair priced and quite nice. There was a newsagents and a cafe and that's about it. On the Thursday we went to Ranworth and it was quite difficult to get a mooring spot but it was well worth waiting for one, the was a nature reserve just up the road and a pub very close by and a shop that sold basics. There is a lady who comes around with menus for chinese and they deliver to your boat and I would recommend it. On the Friday we just travelled back up to Wroxham and went home from there.
All in all I would recommend that everyone try this at least once in their life time as it's such a good experience. I will definitely be going again in a couple of years but I will do my research to find a better boat. I would also advise in buying a decent map. And as many have said on other reviews, don't forget your sailors hat and sense of humour.

2  Thank Jodie E
Reviewed July 20, 2014

If you like School dinners then this is the place for you. We moored outside the pub and was looking forward to an evening meal and a chill out. We arrived around 3 pm and the pub was very quite for such a hot day outside. We had a wonder round the Village and saw the the Swan Inn was packed! Anyway, we went back for our meal and i wish we hadn't, if you like school meals then this is the place for you. I have never eaten such a bad roast dinner... it looked like everything was shoved in the microwave!

The next morning we thought we'd give the breakfast a try (The Swan was closed) Again, instantly regretted it. We waited for over half hour and when it came, everything was deep friend and the egg was disgusting. We then quickly left the mooring and vow never to go back. I understand why the swan was busy, i have eaten microwave meals with more life. Such a shame....

2  Thank gfjc3p0
Reviewed July 17, 2014

Went there with wife and two small children and bought a take away, as we went round the back we saw there was seating and there was only one set of people sitting down so as the chips were in containers we thought we sit down and eat as the children were finding it hard to eat while walking. My two year old girl was enjoying her food as we all were until a young lady come bursting out to tell us that we cannot sit down as it's for customers who paid for restaurant, well for a start there was hardly any one there plus I would have paid the extra had she been polite, she was very rude and will certainly not visit there again, we are disgusted and I work for a very big organisation and am and will continue to tell people at every opportunity not to visit Kens fish shop as they are rude. Avoid not child friendly at all

2  Thank Dontgokens