“Great place to Eat”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed December 23, 2012

Excellent food, excellent service in a modern environment. Good size meals and not expensive. Good selection of wines charged at a reasonable price.d within a reasonable price. Well worth a visit & you can park!!

1  Thank Charles G
There are newer reviews for Rishi

Reviewed December 11, 2012

I am an avid Rishi fan however I visited last Saturday with my friend for a spur of the moment evening out, as always the welcome was very friendly and they got us to our table almost straight away the problem I have is with the people in there.

I can remember my very first visit when the restaurant first opened and I was surrounded by like minded people all there to enjoy the food and drink with friends & family, however this being my 6th visit the evening was totally spoilt for everyone in the restaurant my a table of 5 ladies ( i use the term very loosely) who where apparently ( I know this because they shouted it in between the awful singing) on a Christmas work party. I am not even 30 so I am not stranger to a drink fueled evening but this is really not the place for this.
It totally ruined the evening for us and at leave 3 other tables closely situated near us and "them" - I wouldn't expect people to eat their meal in absolute silence but the screaming, shouting, bad singing & swearing got a bit of a joke.
Even when the management intervened it didn't stop and I just think for people that had never been before seeing that would make then never want to come back - I know this isn't the norm but to someone who visited for the first time last week due to hearing how good it was would have left very deflated...

We enjoyed our food but could barely hear each other over the banshees on the table about 6 ft away.
Unfortunately I have to say it has put me off a bit as when I go out I like to enjoy the company of the people I go with not some group of intoxicated numpties who got on it before sliding out of their mini cab.

Real shame.

Reviewed November 29, 2012

Good service and good food. The restaurant is decorated very nicely, its nice to see we are getting away from the flock wallpaper which usually decorate our Indians in Norwich. We all enjoyed our food but my daughter still prefers another Indian restaurant. There is nothing to dislike about Rishi but nothing that stands out for me either. I wish we could get a few more Indians in Norwich that do something a bit different like they have in brick lane.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

Nice tasty food and friendly staff make this restaurant worthy of a return trip soon. Very accommodating after we walked out of a nearby restaurant offering no service at all!

Reviewed November 14, 2012

the rishi is hands down the best indian in norwich, everytime i go in i am blown away by the service and the food, whether i am just having a takeaway and keeping my glass topped up while im waiting or the extra mile they alwasy go to when im dining there with friends

the tandoori prawns are so big the are like crab claws, off the hook

dont bother going anywhere else as you wont find anywhere better, even beter for me as i live in sproswton !!!