“Good food, nice layout”

The Iron House Brasserie
Ranked #74 of 840 Restaurants in Norwich
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Iron House is a contemporary café restaurant in central Norwich, open for breakfast, drinks, light bites, lunch and dinner. We offer a warm welcome, superb food and wonderfully relaxing surroundings. Our building is a former inn renovated in stunning contemporary style, with a beautifully light dining area and sunny courtyard. We’re open Monday–Wednesday 8.30am–7pm and Thursday–Saturday 8.30am–10pm (closed Sunday).
Reviewed June 22, 2014

A nice restaurant with a good conversion of an old building, although the space does echo a little which can make it a bit noisy (in our case we had to grit our teeth every time a load talking young women let off a hyena laugh!). Food was well presented, good ingredient combinations, and tasty.

1  Thank canbush59
There are newer reviews for The Iron House Brasserie

Reviewed June 7, 2014

A great example of style over substance. The restaurant is set in the Norwich lanes and has a really lovely feel to the place. Great brasserie feel. Unfortunately the same can't be said about the food which when we visited for a late morning breakfast was just bland. I'm not sure if the chef had heard of seasoning. I had scrambled eggs and smoked salmon which came on a luke warm muffin - the waitress incidentally had told me it came with toast. My partner had porridge which the menu said came with raisins - it was actually served with sultanas. Might not seem like a big thing, but she actually doesn't like sultanas. The place too was very busy which led to long waits. Why oh why do restaurants fill up with customers then leave them sitting for ages. Have the courage to turn them away. Sorry, but won't be back.

2  Thank NorwichScot
Reviewed May 30, 2014

Have been to this restaurant a few times and have always found the food to be interesting, well cooked, nicely served and tasty. The staff are friendly and efficient and I would recommend this restaurant to anyone wanting a tasty but not too expensive meal.

1  Thank Jules P
Reviewed May 30, 2014

A friend and I met here for dinner before going to The Maddermarket Theatre (which is only 2 mins away). The interior is clean and bright (all newly refurbished) and the Staff very pleasant and attentive. They seated us handing us the menus at the same time. There was plenty of choice on the menu inc desserts. We both had fish and declared it some of the best we had ever had dining out ! We had coffee + 3 petits gouts - declicious. The prices were probably slightly above average but for a special treat totally justifiable. We were both hugely impressed and I now plan to find an excuse to take my husband ! A real find !

1  Thank Molenders
Reviewed May 29, 2014

I was meeting friends in town at 'The Iron House' on Saturday night. I was the first to arrive and didn't recognise any of the names on the list as that of my friend. The staff couldn't have been more welcoming, they couldn't find my friends name on the list for bookings (as it turned out she had forgotten to book!) They sorted a table for us with a bit of shuffling around (the restaurant was getting busy). We were made to feel nothing was too much trouble.