“Delish once again!”

Yemek Yemek
Ranked #211 of 833 Restaurants in Norwich
Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: You can find the listing on Google.
Norwich
“Delish once again!”
Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

Popped in with some visiting friends on saturday and we enjoyed immensely once again - the atmosphere is cosy, the service very friendly, and the food delicious from starter through to dessert.

I think I enjoy this place so much as it offers real Turkish food - the type I have become accustomed to on regular trips to Turkey. I believe a previous reviewer mentioned the North London restaurants, but I have always found that they tend to cater to a certain expectation of Turkish food rather than provide the real thing.

So long may Yemek Yemek keep doing what it does so well, as I will certainly be seeing them again soon!

1 Thank Cordelia J

Bristol, United Kingdom
“Not Scimitar Write Home About”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Upon entering this restaurant I said to my companion, "there's no such thing as a bad Turkish restaurant." That point still stands: this can't be straight-facedly described as a Turkish restaurant. Having lived in Stoke Newington for three years maybe I've been spoiled by the gamut of Turkish food on offer in North London. If nothing else, I can at least recognise authentic Turkish cuisine. This restaurant fell short on all counts: grossly overpriced, a paucity of salad, overcooked kalamar, no table bread?! We both ordered peri tiridi for main, as if there's one thing worth going Turkish for it's the lamb. What we were given was a pretentious slate of stringy meat which even today we are still debating whether or not it was beef; a sorry looking clump of lettuce served on a 'homemade' bread that was roughly the size of a coaster. It was wholly inauthentic and underwhelming, especially given the price. £4 for a bottle of Efes? Outrageous. I absolutely adore Turkish food but you'd fare better just ordering a shish kebab on Just Eat. Carpets on the walls doth not a Turkish restaurant make.

• Visited November 2013
6 Thank GarethPClarke
Great Britain
“Very good, friendly service and tasty Turkish food”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Well situated in the city. Very good, friendly service. Nicely presented and tasty Turkish food. Good value for money. We will definitely be returning.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank FromtheEast
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Amazing Food !!”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

When i walked into this restaurant,i felt like this restaurant is different from other restaurants, it made me feel comfortable therefore the food was amazing.I have never eatten such a dilicious Turkish food like this before ,although i have tried a to eat many kind of food ,such as, Thai food,Chinese food and italian food. But i gave this is the best.!!!

• Visited September 2013
3 Thank johnathan m
Norwich, United Kingdom
“A Delight”
Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

This was a gem of a find. We were recommended to go there and tonight, after late night shopping, we did.
The decor is Turkish themed but quite understated, the atmosphere cozy (the room we were in only holds about 16 people) and the staff friendly and efficient.
The food was simply amazing. My boyfriend had the minced lamb Pida (like a Turkish pizza) and it was delicious. Everything we ordered was lovely and the portions were totally adequate without being too much (I have a large appetite but often 3 courses is too much for me).
The baklava for dessert was the best I've had and I think was made on the premises.
Really great for a meal out on your own, as a couple or with friends. Probably not child friendly as its quiet dimly lit and small.
We are definitely going again.

Visited September 2013