“A Delight”

Yemek Yemek
Ranked #178 of 861 Restaurants in Norwich
Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: You can find the listing on Google.
Reviewed September 12, 2013

This was a gem of a find. We were recommended to go there and tonight, after late night shopping, we did.
The decor is Turkish themed but quite understated, the atmosphere cozy (the room we were in only holds about 16 people) and the staff friendly and efficient.
The food was simply amazing. My boyfriend had the minced lamb Pida (like a Turkish pizza) and it was delicious. Everything we ordered was lovely and the portions were totally adequate without being too much (I have a large appetite but often 3 courses is too much for me).
The baklava for dessert was the best I've had and I think was made on the premises.
Really great for a meal out on your own, as a couple or with friends. Probably not child friendly as its quiet dimly lit and small.
We are definitely going again.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

The food here is excellent, the service is really friendly and the place it'self is nice and atmospheric.

But I couldn't get past how 'tight' they were, simple things could have been done to make this place top notch that really wouldn't have cost the owners anything and would have us coming back time and time again.

A large group of us ate here and the bread baskets we were given with our meal were very stingy, we had to divide single pita breads between three. We all drank beer/win with our meals but asked for some jugs of water on the side, and a single jug appeared and took a lifetime to be refilled.We had a a large selection of mezze dishes between us, several of the dishes were one piece short for us all to try - that's fine I'm sure they some a standard size, but given that we had ordered a lot of dishes you would have thought they could stretch a little to accommodate a large group.

As I said the food was excellent, but a few little extras would have made a huge difference.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

Love this place, the ambience is great, the service is spot on and the food is so delicious. One of my favoritures in norwich

Reviewed August 9, 2013

This is a lovely little restaurant.

Tucked away in a small cornert of Norwich, this place has a great menu and really friendly and helpful staff. The varied menu is appropriate for all — meat lovers and vegans alike. Definitely worth a visit if you're in Norwich — truly delicious food.

1  Thank Ru G
Reviewed July 31, 2013

We've now been twice to Yemek Yemek & will be going again next week. The food is fabulous, the service gentle & police & the wine is wonderful.

Recently 4 of us shared 2 starters of hummus & pitta (freshly made - the pitta is outstanding & the hummus like velvet in your mouth), 4 main courses, 2 very large desserts (aprocots & baklava) & a bottle of the house Turkish red (amazing) & the bill was a cool £100 - a bargain for the amazing meal & service.

Cannot wait to go again!