“Fantastic Night Out”

Yemek Yemek
Ranked #176 of 870 Restaurants in Norwich
Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: You can find the listing on Google.
Reviewed March 3, 2013

I have visited many independent restaurants in Norwich and this was the best experience I have had in a very long time.

My wife, 2 friends and I went on a busy Saturday night and enjoyed an array of meze followed by some delicious mains. The food was obviously all cooked fresh so the 30min wait between courses was no problem at all and the dish in the clay pot was particularly excellent.

We shared some sticky sweet baklava and turkish coffees to finish and left sure that we will return!

1  Thank norfolkfoodie21

Reviewed March 2, 2013

After reading the review's decided to give yemek a go , the food was good but we had a 45 min wait between courses , good job the Turkish wine was nice , overall there are better places to eat in Norwich

Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

This was an ok experience and not worth the ratings given by others on trip advisor...my wife and I ate here on saturday 23 feb and we sat upstairs...staff not overly attentive and we got the wrong starters....food was nice but nothing special...staff seemed to be rushing about but the place wasnt that busy...would not bothe r if we visit norwich again must be better places to eat....

Reviewed February 2, 2013

We really loved this little place - it had a wonderful homely feel to it, it was like visiting a Turkish family home! The waiter/owner told us all about the best things on the menu even though it was a bit busy, and we selected accordingly. The smoked aubergine dish was fabulous as was the hellumi.

For the first time I can remember in a restauarant, the waiter also asked how hot we wanted out mains as he informed us they cook it all fresh and they could make it as hot as we wanted. The three of us ultimately went for the delicious lamb guvec in clay pot, a lovely prawn dish and a chicken pide, all spiced to perfection.

The baklava and rice pudding we shared for dessert were similarly great. All in all, I would thoroughly recommend a visit for anyone after something fresh, interesting and delicious!

2  Thank Linda H
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Arrived there was no staff to welcome us or seat us so we stood around for a few minuets then a waiter arrived and we where seated. The starters arrived nothing special, the salad was shredded ice-burgh lettuce, grated carrot and very small cubed cucumber with no dressing. This salad was repeated circling my thousand year old non hot and spicy Turkish pizza with the addition on some dried parsley, again with no dressing. The waiter had told me it lamb would be fairly hot and asked if I'd like it milder, I'd said I'll just have it as it comes, I'm not into vindaloos or anything crazy hot but didn't think it would be too bad, therefore very surprised that it wasn't hot at all. My friend had a prawn dish that was cooked prawns in a red meat tasting stew accompanied by some nice looking flat bread that was raw in the middle.The Turkish wine was nice though, unfortunately on the table beside us the waiter spilled a bottle onto one of the customers and all over her leather handbag.

1  Thank Jadventures