“Italian”

Order Online
Ranked #134 of 910 Restaurants in Norwich
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Perched along the pretty riverside in Norwich city centre, Bella Italia is a great place to enjoy a bite to eat, Italian style. Just a few streets away from Norwich train station, this waterside branch of Bella Italia, one of three in Norwich, offers a relaxed, family style ambience. Typical rustic Italian interiors with tiled flooring and walls adorned with poster prints of all sizes create just the right atmosphere for breakfast, lunch or dinner. The a la carte menu is a veritable feast of classic Italian dishes, such as the Polpette Americano (meatballs in a rich tomato sauce atop a bed of steaming spaghetti) or the succulent sirloin steak fillet served with garlic mushrooms, fries and a rocket salad. Those with a sweet tooth are in for a treat with the dessert list with the likes of tiramisu and mascarpone cheesecake on offer.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Our favourite reataurant when visiting riverside always great with a voucher makes it good value. Always our first choice for the kids

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (583)

Reviewed January 7, 2020

We went for lunch as a family today & I had a voucher to use, which Bella sends out by email to me. I just asked the server to split the bill which he rudely told me he had done the bill now so he couldn’t & also wouldn’t let me use my voucher!! my mums pasta came out with uncooked sausage in it & my pizza was very very thin! So over all very poor quality & even worse service!
Won’t be going back!!

Date of visit: January 2020
bellaitaliamarketing, General Manager at Bella Italia, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hiya

We are sorry to hear that our usual Bella customer care, service and delicious food standards weren't up to scratch during your visit. This is unlike us and we will ensure that the Area Manager checks that kitchen quality controls are up to our highest standards and that our floor team are serving with their usual Bella charm.

In the meantime, if you haven't already and would like to follow this up with us directly please feel free to contact us at social@bellaitalia.co.uk with a copy of your review. If at all possible please attach a copy of the bill from when you attended the restaurant as this will help us to investigate your feedback fully. if you can also send a copy of the voucher you were hoping to use so we can confirm the terms and conditons of use.

We hope we get a second chance to welcome you back so we can show you our true standards soon.

Bella Italia

Reviewed December 31, 2019 via mobile

Busy for a Monday,but great staff and the food was lovely...best olives I have had in ages...recommend the Katsu pizza and the the wings had good heat....will return when next in area

Reviewed December 30, 2019

I usually try & avoid Pizza in the UK as they never live up to the standards of an Italian or a travelling van in France - but this Carne Mista with extra Mushrooms one was the best I've ever had this side of the channel - supper thin base & lots of flavour (175314855)

Reviewed December 17, 2019 via mobile

We thought today would grab a quick lunch before the schools break up and it's impossible to get into Norwich. He chose this restaurant, yet again, and I had a 30% off mains deal, so in we went. It wasn't too crowded, so we got seated immediately. I had the polpette to start, and he had the mozzarella and garlic flatbread, which was a pizza. Both were really good! He had the spaghetti polpette, or meatballs, in tomato sauce, and I had the funghi crema, and asked for extra sauce. My son gave his meal a 5 star rating, and I gave 4 stars as there wasn't enough sauce on mine, but what there was was delicious!