“Might be me, but seems to have gone downhill”

Bella Italia Norwich Riverside
Ranked #155 of 843 Restaurants in Norwich
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Perched along the pretty riverside in Norwich city centre, Bella Italia is a great place to enjoy a bite to eat, Italian style. Just a few streets away from Norwich train station, this waterside branch of Bella Italia, one of three in Norwich, offers a relaxed, family style ambience. Typical rustic Italian interiors with tiled flooring and walls adorned with poster prints of all sizes create just the right atmosphere for breakfast, lunch or dinner. The a la carte menu is a veritable feast of classic Italian dishes, such as the Polpette Americano (meatballs in a rich tomato sauce atop a bed of steaming spaghetti) or the succulent sirloin steak fillet served with garlic mushrooms, fries and a rocket salad. Those with a sweet tooth are in for a treat with the dessert list with the likes of tiramisu and mascarpone cheesecake on offer.
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I visited Fathers Day for lunch with my husband. I have eaten at a few BI and always had a good meal. We ordered our starter and main, my husband had a soft drink and l stuck with water. Mains arrived, roast chicken and lasagne but no starter. I asked the waitress and she said sorry she forgot and brought out the garlic sticks halfway through. There wasn't anything wrong with the meal its was just ok. For the money l was disappointed though, cost £33 which l think is a fair amount to spend on a lunch but l don't think the food justified this cost.

There are newer reviews for Bella Italia Norwich Riverside

Reviewed June 17, 2013

We went here on a recent trip to Norwich. The service was good and quick, and the food was a reasonable quality. Was happy with the price.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

First time I have been here. Slow service, poor quality food had to send a meal back as inedible.
Will never go back.

Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

I visited here with my colleagues and have been here a few times before.

I always find the food to be mediocre quality however on this visit the food was horrific. I decided to have carbonara- big mistake go for pizza or the burger would be my advise. I asked for penne instead of spaghetti- I didn't get penne I was dished up some sort of macoroni type pasta. I had about 5 bits if miniscule bacon on the whole thing it was likely eating macoroni cheese but paying £9 :(

The service was good and the pizzas looked ok. If you want a better quality and more authentic go to Fiagro in the city or prezzo both are far nicer.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

Being half term, I met my mother-in-law for lunch with my 4 year old and 14 month old. We went into the restaurant and the waiter looked us up and down in a very rude manner. We asked for a table, he proceeded to show us to a table right at the back near the toilets.

We sat down and waited and after 5 minutes we were still not given any menu's so mother-in-law went to ask. The waiter informed her to take one from a different table, my little boy also went with her to ask for a colouring pack that the other children in the restaurant had, he proceeded to tell him 'if I have to get you 1 i'll bring it over'.

At this point I had had enough and decided to leave. Very disappointing and not what I expect from Bella Italia, one loyal customer lost