“Great food, TERRIBLE service!”
Review of Wagamama

Wagamama
Ranked #143 of 840 Restaurants in Norwich
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Located just outside the chapelfield shopping centre, just minutes away from norwich market and easy walking distance to norwich castle. Wagamama norwich also has an outside terrace which seats 30 people and can be booked in advance! We offer asian food inspired by the flavours of japan
Reviewed March 26, 2013

As always, the food at wagamamas was fantastic. However, the customer service was appalling. One of our waitresses, whom I shall only refer to as 'C' was incredibly rude, snatching menu's out of our hands, sighing and even at one point rolled her eyes at us. Although the food came out very quickly, anything else was incredibly slow. It took them 15 minutes to bring me a glass of tap water, and that included the fact that I had to ask for it twice! It also took them 10 minutes to bring us a dessert menu. I would understand more if they were busy, but there was hardly anyone in the restaurant, and at one point 2 waitresses were sitting on the sofa chatting rather than serve our table. Needless to say we did not leave a tip, and I doubt I will return to this particular restaurant of the chain again. Very disappointed.

There are newer reviews for Wagamama

Reviewed February 25, 2013

My children recommended this restaurant and since it was convenient to eat there while shopping at Chapelfield Mall we tried the restaurant. The food is good- I love their spicy edamame beans! Don't expect authentic Japanese food- it is a fast food chain after all.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Came to this restaurant for the second time with my son and nephew on a Saturday night and must admit the food was prepared and served within a short period of time. The service was friendly and efficient. The restaurant had a wonderful atmosphere and a good night was had by all.....found the bill reasonable as well.....if there was one small hitch it was that the credit card machine broke which ment if you didn't have the cash to pay the bill you would have to go into the shopping centre to find a cash machine....but this didn't stop us enjoying our evening...would recommend!

Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

Brilliant; cheap for kids, delicious food, friendly staff that cope well with the busy, friendly atmosphere!

If eating with children, try the Mini Chicken Ramen - It's my favourite meal and great value. If adults are eating, I would suggest a rice-based dish.

I loved it!

Reviewed February 12, 2013 via mobile

Me an my boyfriend went here for lunch during a busy day of early xmas shopping. On arrival, it was very busy but we had a waitress who hunted around and found us a table very efficiently. The staff were really lovely, and even though it was manic, we never felt ignored or that we didnt have anything we needed. Our food was delivered in good time and was very nice! My only suggestion is that people who are quite fussy may want to check the menu before going as it isn't huge. I had the noodles in soup which was very full of flavour and came in a large portion. The price was perfectly average for a decent meal and we actually paid less than expected. All in all u highly reccommend a visit!