All reviews wetherspoons pub plenty of free parking sauna and steam room evening meal short stay two night stay family room leisure facilities town centre full english kayleigh asda function norfolk broads
Reviewed September 22, 2017

My room was clean and very nice, the pool was lovely and a good temperature, the staff were very friendly, professional and helpful, the receptionist was particularly on the ball and made check-in and out so easy. Would recommend.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled solo
Thank Carla Diana Eli... G
Stuart C, General Manager at Mercure Norwich Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2017

Thank you so much for a lovely review. We are a staff who try very hard and I'm pleased it shows. My grateful thanks to you all.

Reviewed September 18, 2017

After being rained off camping we decided on a last minute stay here as it's local.
Positives:
- Can be very good value price wise
- The pool was great, my kids loved it and we had it to ourselves
- Family room was spacious
- Asda in walking distance as our kids wanted a picnic tea in the hotel
- McDonalds walking distance for a treat breakfast
- Staff were friendly
- I have a attended a couple of sportsperson dinners here and for the volume they cooked at the food was good.

Negatives:
- Rooms & hotel are very dated
- I have had people visit me and book here on business and wasn't really to their taste

I think there are better places to stay on business closer to the city centre, however I would certainly recommend here for a family looking for a decent size room with a swimming pool.

• Stayed: April 2017, traveled with family

Liam, thank you for a most balanced review. I agree that our staff and leisure facilities are big positives for us. We are planning some rolling investment next year which should result in a much improved all round experience. Thanks again for a kind review.

Reviewed September 10, 2017

We have been coming here 17 years feel like second home so much we celebrated our Jonnos is 21st here,the manager is a first class gentleman and the staff are first class especially Laura.special thanks emma Helen Hanna Julie Conner Kayleigh
Criag they are credit to the hotel.many thanx to you all

Room Tip: Go for a 105 it's first class
  • Stayed: September 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank Kevin R
Stuart C, Front Office Manager at Mercure Norwich Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2017

Bless your heart for a stunning review Kevin and family. It was a great pleasure to see you all again and we look forward to your swift return. My most grateful thanks for your kind comments, they are very much appreciated.

Reviewed September 8, 2017 via mobile

No chance of sleeping with banging music from the event below, and boy racers charging up and down outside.

I called reception to ask when the music would stop, and got a haughty reply of '12 o'clock to the best of my knowledge'
Well it is 0030 and love shack is coming up through the floor boards still.

I'm just glad we didn't bring the children to the wedding we are going to tomorrow.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
Stuart C, General Manager at Mercure Norwich Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2017

Simon, so sorry you were accommodated above one of our events. Please accept my apologies.

Reviewed August 30, 2017

People of a certain age will recall Crossroads - the fictitious motel in Birmingham made famous in the teatime soap opera years ago. Well - it is alive, well and living in Norwich !.

This is my third stay here while on business and the choice here really is down to the hovelly inn express across the road or here. As things stand I actually prefer the Mercure, but this latest visit still leaves me underwhelmed, as commented by the hotel manager when replying to my last review.
There are good points - the receptionist was welcoming and friendly, the room OK but noisy as it faced the road which doubles up apparently as a drag race after 10pm. The corridors were absolutely baking and the room was also quite warm but the air con sorted that out.

The crossroads theme continued in the restaurant. I had booked a package including breakfast and dinner and was told to "just choose from the menu - up to £22 in value". I went for the calamari starter with red pepper and chilli salsa and salad - except that the dish (thimble) of salsa was too small to dip the ring into and the salad was actually two little gem leaves, one slice of tomato and one ring of red onion. Served on an aspiring black plate.
For main I enthusiastically selected the chargrilled bacon chop with grilled pineapple slices, triple cooked chips and rocket. It came on a wooden board......why oh why do places seem to think that food, generally confined for centuries to plates must now come on a plank ???. Presumably the same people that want to charge £5 extra for a swipe of tomato ketchup smeared on the plate akin to an accident involving a finger and sharp knife. While on the subject, when did our National currency lose its vital symbol of identification and be quoted to no decimal places ?.....examples from the hotel menu were 16, 14, 6.5 and 17.5.........I thought it referred to customer review scores.

Breakfast, previously not bad here was this morning really poor. It wasn't late and wasn't overly busy but the hot selection was - frankly - quite rubbish. The bacon was salty and overcooked, the sausage not really seen too much of a pigs inside and certainly not the quoted "Cumberland", the fried egg rubbery ( oh - frank you vewwy much ), the grilled tomatoes unappealing, the black pudding I thought was a selection of replacement bath plugs, the mushrooms I dare not try and the beans fresh, hot and lovely. One out of seven isn't bad I suppose.

This could be a really good place - lick of paint, some new decor, simple but interesting menu choices and off we go. And £5.10 for a simple bottle of beer that sells for 3 for £5 over the road in Asda is taking the Mickey.
As I said though, miles ahead of the hovel over the road - maybe that's why the complacency is evident.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled on business

I really hope we are not complacent, that would be unforgivable. I am sorry the restaurant food was less appealing during this visit, particularly breakfast which is normally our star turn. I'm sorry that our company's attempts to modernise the menu have failed to impress you. I suspect many of our guests quite like the trendy chopping boards etc.......I hope we manage to impress you during your next visit. Keep the feedback coming....it helps.