All reviewswetherspoons pubplenty of free parkingsauna and steam roomevening mealcity centreshort staycomfortable staytwo night stayfamily roomleisure facilitiesfull englishkayleighasdafunctionnorfolkbroads
Reviewed August 16, 2017 via mobile

Driving through the industrial estate was not filling me with joy but once you get to the hotel it doesn't look as bad as you think.
Check in was very friendly and efficient, just what you need after a very long day.
Room is ok, bit threadbare of a carpet, but bathroom has all you need and the room has a very good tv.
Food was good as was the wine but the room rather pricey for what you get. And what you get is carpet that's 100 years old and why would you put electricity behind the pillows
Would I come back.... if they keep updating it then probably yes

Stayed: July 2017, traveled on business
Stuart C, General Manager at Mercure Norwich Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2017

Thank you for a kind review and for the really positive comments regarding my team here. We will keep updating our lovely property, rest assured. Come back soon.

Reviewed August 11, 2017

Our visit last week was our second. As before, we booked a quiet Privilege room, which, also as before, faced the car park at the rear of the hotel, and which suited us fine. As long as you understand that the hotel setting not picturesque, you will not be disappointed. Reception staff were excellent, efficient and extremely helpful. For example, we needed to go into the centre of Norwich and preferred to use the buses. Reception had the bus information right to hand, including where to get on and off in Norwich for the Cathedral (Tombland on a No 28) and back from the Castle Museum (Castle Meadow on a No 28); the buses run from Asda just up the road. As on our last visit the bar staff and restaurant staff were professional but friendly and pleasant to speak to, and the menu dishes each evening were all available and finely cooked and served. The room was clean and tidied each day by Housekeeping, fully equipped and perfectly satisfactory. As usual with Accor Hotels the check-out was comprehensive and accurate.

Room Tip: For a quiet room choose one at the back of the hotel, not the at the front which faces the main city circular road, A140.
  • Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple

Thank you for a most comprehensive and kind review. I am rightly proud of my team here and am equally delighted that you found the restaurant such a fabulous experience. Please come back soon.

Reviewed August 11, 2017

we went back as the last experience we had was not good for me being disabled but this time we had adjoining downstairs rooms which meant we could get a sleep as grandkids were in with us last time would like to thank stuart and the team all the breakfast staff for making this stay enjoyable breakfast as usual was brilliant

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family

Thanks Fay I really appreciate your review and I'm glad we got it right this time. My grateful thanks for a kind review and for taking the time to post it.

Reviewed August 7, 2017

The Mecure Norwich is ideally situated for exploring the Norfolk Broads and the Norfolk coastline. The staff were knowledgeable, efficient, pleasant and always ready to help and advise. The room was pleasant, well furnished and the air conditioning worked well and kept the room at a cool and comfortable temperature. The breakfast buffet was extensive, well cooked and constantly replenished with hot fresh dishes. Dinner in the dining room was excellent, value for money and the waiting staff were pleasant, friendly and solicitous. All in all we could not have found a better hotel to enjoy our midweek break in Norfolk and we will certainly be back to stay many more times.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Mercure Hotels

Roger thank you for your kind review. I am delighted that you enjoyed our hotel and our beautiful county. I do hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back soon. Thank you again.

Reviewed August 7, 2017

Once again work needed me to cover some work in Norwich....I only found out couple of days ago...not sure how long work had it planed but room was (I think) booked on 4.8.17 for 6.8.17.....and I found out in evening..so to late to badger Sarah into giving her FAV coach driver any upgrade.....but I guess the little darling just is SOOOO giving...I got to check in and found I had a suite........VERY NICE.

This review is being written in the suite.....on hotel Wi-Fi......think the hotel might have changed/upgraded Wi-Fi as I was not able to just log straight in....but needed to follow the screen.....so maybe something new?.

Anyway...once connected...works fine....as ever here.

Dumped stuff in room and went to eat......Emma (no problem from first review) was working...as was a young man...Connor I think....my god he is tall.....7ft tall.....
I think I saw him bend to go in/out kitchen doors.....

Food as always nice.....Bacon steak.....think cut....sweet potato fries with salad....
and served by No Problem Emma......she remembers me from first visit/review,aswell as my other stays.

Suite is large.....it is like a flat/bedsit......great and better than a compact room when I have to stay away from home.

I like this hotel a lot....My fav Norwich Hotel.
Great staff.

As I have different hours than normal today...I start work two hours later than in past.....so I might get to meet Sarah when I check out soon......

Be nice to meet the person I give such grief to in these reviews.......
but I need to be firm and get her trained :) your doing well Sarah.....
look forward to my next stay.

Room Tip: Give good reviews ONLY if they are worth it...and pester Sarah into upgrades.....BUT DO NOT PINCH MY ONE
  • Stayed: August 2017, traveled solo

Martin thank you for a kind review. As always very much appreciated.