“Very enjoyable visit”

Ranked #24 of 50 Hotels in Norwich
norfolk
“Very enjoyable visit”
Reviewed November 28, 2013

Confused as to some of the negative reviews of this hotel, myself and friends have stayed here on numerous occasions and always enjoy ourselves.
Hotel is only a short taxi/bus ride from city centre so is ideal if visiting Norwich city.
Very comfortable room, was at front of building but couldn't hear road noise.
Dinner and breakfast were both delicious with a wide range of options to choose from. My only disappointment is that I didn't have room for dessert!
Didn't use the pool/spa this time, but have on previous visits and it is always very relaxing!
Will be back in the near future when doing some serious Christmas shopping! (Norwich has a lovely Christmas market in front of Chapelfield shopping centre around this time of year, well worth a visit).
Thank you to the hotel and lovely staff for another fantastic stay.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Stuart C, General Manager at Mercure Norwich Hotel, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Thank you so much for your extremely kind review. I am delighted that you and your friends repeatedly stay with us and have a lovely time. Your kind comments about the rooms, staff, dinner and our leisure club are very much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you all back for your Christmas shopping trip!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
  • Polish first
Livingston, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 21, 2013

Stayed as a family in 3 Rooms for 2 nights travelling for a family funeral. Following an efficient and welcoming check in we arrived to find our rooms (3 Room Types, Twin Double and Family) all confortable and well appointed.Great Bar Service followed by a lovely Dinner with slick service in the in the Restaurant. ( Battered Haddock hit the Spot ! ) Breakfast was a buffet with included a good range of nicely cooked traditional english items.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Stuart C, General Manager at Mercure Norwich Hotel, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Thank you for your review. Your kind words are very much appreciated and I am delighted that you enjoyed all of our facilities. I will pass your comments on to my team, I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to improve the quality of our services. Thank you again and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.
Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 15, 2013

After reading so many negative reviews we were a bit apprehensive but were pleasantly surprised, we arrived as part of a group but booking in was easy, our room was ideal for what we wanted,clean and comfortable and plenty of hot water. Breakfast was superb with a good choice and our evening meals were also very good. We would stay again if in the area.

Room Tip: we had room 17 on the ground floor
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Stuart C, General Manager at Mercure Norwich Hotel, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review, I am delighted that you had a pleasant stay with us. Your kind comments about your bedroom, breakfast and dinner are very much appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Norwich.
Maldon
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Great hotel, lovely staff and very comfortable rooms.

The breakfast was plentiful and very good. Would highly recommend this hotel. It was not very far from the main inner ring road so easy access to everywhere. The noise from the road could not heard.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Stuart C, General Manager at Mercure Norwich Hotel, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Thank you so much for your review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and delighted that you would recommend us too. Your kind comments are very much appreciated and we hope you will stay with us again on your next visit to Norwich.
london
Reviewed November 13, 2013

I stayed at the mercure a couple of weeks ago.The staff were very pleasant and helpful. The location suited my purposes very well and after several meetings that day I enjoyed a good meal at a reasonable price and a few drinks in the bar. I would have no hesitation in staying there again when next in Norwich

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review, I am so pleased that you found my team pleasant and helpful and that you enjoyed your meal in the restaurant. I am delighted that you would stay with us again and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Bishops Stortford, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 10, 2013

My wife and I decided to visit Norwich and to stay at the Mercure. This was our thirdvisit. I'm pleased to say that *all* the staff we met, in Reception, Bar, Restaurant and the cleaners were all highly professional and friendly. The restaurant offered a good choice of food at reasonable prices.

I've travelled extensively for work in the UK, on the continent, and to the USA, Canada and South Africa, and my wife and I enjoy continental holidays and mini-breaks (in the last 6 weeks we've been to Andorra and to Germany): The Mercure compares favourably with other 4-star hotels (perhaps it could do with some decoration?).

Thanks - I'm sure we'll visit Norwich and the Mercure again before too long

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Stuart C, General Manager at Mercure Norwich Hotel, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review, I am delighted that you found our staff professional and friendly and that you enjoyed your experience in the restaurant. I can confirm that we are undergoing a rolling programme of refurbishment; this will be an ongoing process throughout next year also. I am so pleased you will be returning for a fourth visit and we look forward to welcoming you back.
Bath
Reviewed November 6, 2013

We chose the hotel based on its location as it looked ideal for a couple days sightseeing in Norwich.
The location is very good although the ring road outside is quite busy and hence noisy.
The worst feature was the noise from adjoining rooms - you could hear every word said.
The room was quite tired and in need of updating.
The food in the restaurant however was good and good value.
Will try somewhere else next time.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Stuart C, General Manager at Mercure Norwich Hotel, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay with us but I very disappointed to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Mercure, we strive to provide a superior experience for every guest and your feedback is very important to us. I would like to confirm that we are currently undergoing a programme of refurbishment; this will be an ongoing process continuing throughout 2014.

I am sorry that you were disturbed by noise from the room connected to yours, I appreciate you bringing this to my attention and I will of course look in to this to prevent a future occurrence.

Thank you for your kind comments about the food in our restaurant and I am pleased our location was ideal for your sightseeing trip.

Thank you again for your helpful feedback and I hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to the Mercure Norwich Hotel and provide you with a much happier experience.