“Girls just wanna have fun”

Mercure Norwich Hotel
Ranked #24 of 50 Hotels in Norwich
Dereham, United Kingdom
“Girls just wanna have fun”
Reviewed March 8, 2012

I came to the hotel on a dull day in January this year following the new year blues with three girl friends. We had ordered two twin rooms next to each other and the hotel did not disappoint.
From the start of our stay we were impressed the friendliness and helpfulness of the hotel staff particularly when discussing the important ligistics of getting into the city by public transport so we could shop..shop and then have a small glass of wine or two!

The rooms were clean and we enjoyed the freebies. Following our shopping spree we enjoyed spending time in the spa area and the pool and gym were clean and well equipped.

Following our well deserved sort rest in the rooms we enjoyed a lovely meal in the resturant and were impressed with how quick we got our food and the quality of it.

We went back to the bar and sat up till the small hours chatting and drinking the not too bad house wine. Unlike other places we were not made to feel it was time to go to bed, indeed the bar staff remained attentive and we greatly enjoyed our girlie rendevous. I have not been to a mercure hotel before but YES I would go again as I felt it was good value for money and just what we needed to chase the blues away..

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Stuart C, General Manager at Mercure Norwich Hotel, responded to this review, March 12, 2012
Girls, Thank you for your kind review, I am delighted that you had such a enjoyable stay,
We hope to welcome you back again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
  • Polish first
Swaffham
Reviewed March 6, 2012

My wife and I had a short stay at the city of Norwich and have stayed at the hotel a few times now, we have found each time a pleasure, easy check in and the rooms have always been just the job for us to relax and unwind the pool is also a bonus which I have used every time, the hotel is a little way out of the city but that's what we like, ten pounds gets you in to the city by cab, I will be staying again at this hotel in the near future .

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank rooneySwaffham
Stuart C, General Manager at Mercure Norwich Hotel, responded to this review, March 7, 2012
Thank you for your kind comments, I am delighted that you enjoyed your weekend break.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Beccles, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 2, 2012

Stayed here for a weekend with my friends to get away!
On arrival the receptionist was very polite and professional. Our rooms were lovely, spacious and the beds were very comfy. We ate in the restaurant for the first night and the food was amazing! I had the salmon and prawn spaghetti and my friends had Sirloin steaks which they said were one of the best they had ever had! On the second night we decided to go out into the city for a meal. We were not familiar to this area but thanks to the Mel and Kayleigh for letting us know all the good places to go for food and also the best bars and clubs! We had a brilliant night out. Already booked to come back again for my friends 25th Birthday. Would recommend to anyone!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank MelGas22
Nottingham
Reviewed February 29, 2012

Perfectly located for the airport and the reception received was as though I had been welcomed home. Like the changes made to the menus, would recommend the Brasserie Burger to anyone!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank BrownsNottingham
Stuart C, General Manager at Mercure Norwich Hotel, responded to this review, March 2, 2012
Thank you for your reply, we pride ourselves on a warm welcome and glad you felt at home.
We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.
Norfolk
Reviewed February 29, 2012

Me and 3 friends (all ages 20-21) stayed here on 8th Feb 2012 for 1 night and had a fantastic time!
The hotel is really nice! The staff are all polite and friendly and make you feel welcome the rooms are large and very nice (the beds are really comfy). Didnt get a chance to use the pool/jacuzzi but both looked very nice and the restaurant looked good as well.
We stayed here to celebrate mine (and one of my friends) 21st birthday and the staff couldnt have been more helpful in helping us order taxis to the clubs and also finding us a takeaway that was open at 3am when we got back!
Thankyou for such a pleasent stay hopefully we will be back again soon!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review, I love to hear great comments about our hotel and staff and I am really glad you enjoyed your stay. Dont forget to bring your swimming costumes next time because you will love our leisure club. We look forward to welcoming you back.
Reviewed February 1, 2012

On arrival at the hotel, we were a little dismayed at the entrance. The picture on the website is most flattering, and in reality, it's a shabby porch around the back of a carpark. The general decor of the hotel is very dated, and the rooms are no exception. In addition, we arrived to find a sink that didn't work, a shower that must have been installed 40 years ago, and a grubby bath. In short, this is in no way a 4* hotel, and we were exceedingly disappointed. Possibly just a 3*. Despite all this, however, the staff were friendly and the bedding clean.

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank Explorer0987
Stuart C, General Manager at Mercure Norwich Hotel, responded to this review, February 3, 2012
Thank you for your kind comments regarding our staff; we are currently undergoing a programme of refurbishment with nearly half of our room stock already complete.

Your maintenance issues have been addressed and we look forward to continuing to provide a higher level of personal service.

Travelers are raving about these Norwich hotels

Leicestershire, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 13, 2011

This hotel is in dire need of modernisation.
Scruffy carpets, dreary decor.
waitress service was very slow,particularly in the evening to serve small portions of pretty average food.
The TV system in the room was unusually complicated to operate, If you just wish to watch terestrial TV you have to go through about 6 steps. It failed to work at all for 24 hours,
There is NO LIFT in the hotel. One evening I had to assist an elderly lady down the stairs as she was struggling. She said that she was with a large coach party of elderly citizens visiting a nearby Christmas event and that they were all moaning about the lack of a lift.
The leisure centre spa was over chlorinated compared to others I had used otherwise the leisure centre was very good.
I had no complaints regarding the cleanliness of the hotel which I found was very good,
I am still awaiting a copy of my invoice which I have now requested twice.
Beer was £4,00 a pint, - good pub over the road selling beer at half the price.

Room Tip: If you are likely to struggle with the stairs try and get a downstairs room.