“nice restaurant and nice owner & family”
Review of Chez Denis

Chez Denis
Ranked #29 of 861 Restaurants in Norwich
Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Grade 2 listed building, in the centre of Norwich City Centre. Nestled in Orford Yard Red Lion Street near Loose;s kitchen shop.opposite Deberhams Store.
Reviewed August 18, 2014

When I revisit Norwich I will definitely dine here again. Denis is good fun and his family who were dining here next to us as it happens were interesting to chat to. I have slight reservations about the food - did not think my scallops were any better than ordinary considering the price - fresh or frozen? The mutton curry was good, and the banana fritter cooked to my liking was excellent. Denis’s son looked after us superbly. We had a great time.

2  Thank Ray J

Reviewed August 18, 2014

My husband and I was just looking for somewhere for a light lunch when we discovered the delightful Chez Denis! The menu was extensive, we chose just a Ham & Cheese ploughman's, it was the best ever! especially with a lovely glass of wine! We shall certainly return. The prices, very reasonable, can't wait to try another of their choices.The Family run business show very good customer care.

Reviewed August 16, 2014

Chez Denis is an excellent family run business, with a friendly feel and a bistro atmosphere. The food is exceptional, different and tasty. The menu has such variety and caters for all tastes.
We can't recommend it highly enough, we shall be going again!!!
My only criticism is that one less table would have meant a more comfortable dining experience for all, it was a little cramped, but it would not stop me eating there again

Reviewed August 6, 2014

Picked the restaurant partly on the Tripadvisor rating (high), and partly to try the Caribbean / French food.
Went on a Wednesday evening(closed Tuesday) and it was almost full with a terrific atmosphere. Food, service and welcome by the owner was first class. All-in-all good value for money.
Location is in a quiet cul de sac in centre of town (opposite Debenhams store), and so relatively easy to find.
Would return there and certainly recommend the restaurant

1  Thank JarthurKent
Reviewed August 5, 2014

The owner was really accommodating but unfortunately we found this restaurant to be somewhat overpriced. Restaurant was dead as a do do mid-week (Thursday) which was surprising as it's late night shopping. Perhaps they could consider doing some kind of special to get people in as the atmosphere was really lacking. I was really looking forward to visiting here after reading all of the lovely reviews but i think that's probably to do with the fact that the owner asks everybody to leave a review on here

1  Thank shantidiva