“Clean and tidy room, helpful and industrious receptionist”

BEST WESTERN Annesley House Hotel
Ranked #7 of 50 Hotels in Norwich
Kidderminster, United Kingdom
“Clean and tidy room, helpful and industrious receptionist”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2012 via mobile

I stayed for one night on business, having made a late booking. The receptionist was friendly and helpful and when I requested a taxi, booked it for me immediately. From what I could see, she had a broad range of responsibilities and was very industrious and more than competent. The room was small, but the bed was very comfortable with good quality bed linen. The bath was rather small but everything was very clean and in its place. I was perfectly happy with my accommodation. Free wifi was a bonus.

Stayed April 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
West Sussex
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2012

Weekend break at the Annesley House which far exceeded expectations. Decor may be a bit chain style but everything is spotlessly clean and all you might need is catered for. Real plus points of hotel are wonderful staff - nothing too much trouble, and amazing food in restaurant - a real highlight to come back to each evening. Bar and wine list reasonable too.
Hope to return before the year is out!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2012 via mobile

A most relaxing and enjoyable stay, beautifully appointed rooms, clean and well taken care of. The staff were very friendly and helpful, nothing was to much trouble, fantastic breakfasts and lunch, the setting is cosy and feels like it's home from home, we would certainly return and highly recommend this either for business or pleasure

London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2012 via mobile

This hotel was really a pleasure to stay at. Lovely helpful staff, nice food, very clean and comfortable bedrooms with fully opening windows and self regulated heating. Excellent! My room was a bit on the small side as I had a single, but it was very thoughtfully appointed. The bed, although single, which I don't really like much, was super comfortable. What a surprise after all the hard slabs that most hotels provide these days. I would rate this hotel highly for its comfortable public areas, rooms, and friendly staff. Will definitely be back.

Longfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2012

We have just spent three nights in this excellent hotel within ten minutes walk of the the city centre. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Rooms clean, comfortable and appeared to be recently decorated to a tasteful design. Food was superb so much so we dined every evening. Nice bar with Adnams cask bitter and a good New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc.

Room Tip: We had a room on the first floor at the back of the adjacent house. Very quiet and comfortable. Th...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
uk
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2012

We stayed in the separate coach house rooms. The room itself was modern and clean. Unfortunately we were on the ground floor so could hear every footstep above us when someone walked about. If I stayed again I would definitely stay on a room above.
Breakfast was ok, but at £10 each per day I expected more in terms of what it offered, and if you wanted fish that was on top of the £10 - I thought that was poor value. The room price wasn't cheap to begin with.
We also had a couple of drinks at the bar which were also overpriced.
Service was good. Computer in reception to connect to internet was poor.
Location was very closer to city, and good car parking.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Kent, England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2012

I stayed at the hotelk on a business trip last week. Impressions where good from the off! I mentioned on the phone that I needed to add a business collegue joint me for breakfast - no problem I was told. On checking in they had remembered - a small detail but these things make a difference. Check in was quick and friendly. The room felt like it was newly decorated - I later found out it was 2 years - could have fooled me - it was pristine! It was also very comfortable, with good quality bedding & towels.
I made one mistake - not eating there, the menu looked excellent!
Breakfast was freshly cooked and good quality. Speaking to other guests they agreed with me - it's a great place to stay.
Check out was friendly and quick. That was it ...no...half an hour down the road i had a call from the hotel - I had left my glasses case there..as it was an old case I suggested they thre it away...Well a day or so later it was in my post! First class service - I shall return!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business