“Wedding celebration - Saturday 9th August 2014 - Keith Kate Mottershead”

Best Western George Hotel
Ranked #27 of 50 Hotels in Norwich
Reviewed August 15, 2014

Thank you to Jane Seager for all your help it made all the difference and to all the hotel staff for making our day so special. The hotel was excellent in every espect and the food was amazing. All our guests have told us what a wonderful weekend they had and had nothing but positive comments and praise for the service we received from the hotel. The wedding room was so beautiful and took our breath away.We would recommend any couple to hold their wedding at this hotel. Memories are priceless and the George Hotel made our dreams come true and made it a perfect for us and all our guests. Thanks so much, Keith + Kate Mottershead

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank keith m

Reviewed August 5, 2014

Stayed on the 4/5 August.
I had to work in the area which didn't finish until the 7am. They had given me a key to get in during the night, when they locked up. I needed to sleep and had kick outt was at 11. I explained that I needed more time. They were very understanding and gave me plenty of more time for me to sleep, to drive safely back to the midlands. I had an evening meal there and it was reasonably priced. The staff are excellent and went out of there way. The single room had everything I needed it was clean and peasent. If in the area I will book again.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank jcaveen76
Reviewed July 17, 2014

This hotel is pleasent and functional, it does what it says on the tin. The rooms are adequate, i stayed in the annex which went on forever as they often do. The shower yet again disappoints, though maybe a fact that i was so far from the main building may have contributed. I stayed in room 127, not that that really tells you alot since i suspect they are nearly all the same. I got a friendly welcome. The bar area is ok and the restaurant typically ok. Not much more to say other than its was somehwre good to put your head down as i had a long tiring day at the office.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed July 15, 2014

I stayed at this hotel 1 year ago and there appears to be little that has changed, so the food was still good although menu is not as extensive as many other hotels, breakfast was also good being freshly cooked. But the decor of the building still looks tired with very worn carpets on the stairs and the room looking like it is ready for a general re-decorating. it is OK for a single nights stay for business people but re decorating would make a big improvement.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB
1  Thank Michael B
Reviewed July 11, 2014

I am very pleased that my friend recommended The George Hotel to me for my birthday meal. The staff were well presented, friendly, and helpful - we all felt like we were their number one priority. The bar had an interesting selection of drinks, and it was refreshing to try a few new varieties. We were seated immediately and with no fuss whatsoever - the glamorous waitress was intent on making us all as comfortable as possible. My steak was done exactly how I wanted it and the pudding that followed was literally to die for! The experience of The George Hotel is so rare to find nowadays - I wholeheartedly recommend that you try this place out at least a few times; I can think of nothing more enjoyable than working my way through their menu!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank MrNLon
Reviewed June 30, 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB
3  Thank parptoot
Reviewed June 22, 2014

I stayed here for a weekend in May with my Girlfriend. The hotel is quaint, although needing some TLC in areas, but it's clean which is most important. Staff - cannot fault, nothing was too much trouble and they really go out of their way to ensure you're happy. The food is honestly delicious. So for the price we paid and the service we received I was very happy with my stay.

Room Tip: When you book request a newly refurbished room