Maids Head Hotel
  • Pool
$76
$74
  • Pool
The Old Rectory(Thorpe St Andrew)
$139
$135
$93
Stracey Hotel(Norwich)
$77
$75
  • Breakfast included
Wensum Guest House(Norwich)(Great Value!)
$58
$56
$195
Barnham Broom(Barnham Broom)
$217
$189
Hotels.com
1,292 results
All reviewswine pressoldest hotelcathedral suitenorwich cathedrallovely old hotelcar parkafternoon teacentral locationexecutive roomfree parkingsconesbuffet stylesingle roomvisiting norwichrestaurant staffweekend breakstayed here for one night
Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here following a works do in the city which was a real treat given the great surroundings & service. Many thanks to Rahul & Liam for going above & beyond the call of duty by informing me that I'd left my Car Window open - fully recommend!!

Stayed: August 2014
Christine M, General Manager at Maids Head Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2014

Dear Philparry 1,

Thank you for posting your review on Tripadvisor I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and will pass on your thanks to Rahul and Liam , I hope that you will come back and stay with us again.

Reviewed August 3, 2014

Just home from a long weekend stay. Great room overlooking the Cathedral, comfortable and clean..Ok.. so no aircon but the hotel dates from the 1100's..what do you expect! and fans did the trick.. The staff service was excellent particularly from Richard and Michael in the Restuarant/Bar. Good quality food and drinks. Perfect location for walking into Norwich. The lounges were very relaxing whether for wine/beer, tea/coffee or snacks...mind you the cream tea is lovely !.. we will be back !!

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Chris T

Thank you for your review, I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay in our historic property, the views of the Cathedral from those rooms are special. I will pass on your kind remarks to my team and I hope that we welcome you back here soon

Reviewed August 3, 2014

The unsmiling reception was efficient if not welcoming. Room spacious with a good view. Very basic hospitality tray and no air conditioning. Even though resident,we were refused dinner as they were-apparently-full. I should have booked when reserving,but was never asked if we wanted dinner. Breakfast was good. The only member of staff that appeared to care much was the charming lady at reception when i paid nearly £200 for two for bed and breakfast, poor value. Hotel is very near all amenities and they know it.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the cathedral. The bells stop at night!
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled solo

Dear Mr Shellard

Thank you for taking the time to write your response and I am sorry to read of the problems you encountered, we were extremely busy in the restaurant that night and we are now reviewing our procedures to ensure that we inform residents of busy periods and that it may be difficult to book a table before they arrive. We currently are implementing a cooling system into fifty percent of our rooms and continually use customer feedback to improve our product and service offering.

Reviewed July 30, 2014

I visit the Maids Head Hotel every Wednesday morning for our BNI Castle Chapter meeting. The hotel is spotlessly clean and everyone is really friendly. Bruno is just amazing and extremely helpful! Its nice to see another smiling face that early in the morning!The room we have our meeting in is perfect for corporate events, weddings, meetings etc. It is a really great space and we all fit in there very comfortably. We have a Full English breakfast in the morning and it never fails to disappoint! Also they have plenty of parking which is always a bonus!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Christine M, General Manager at Maids Head Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2014

Dear Katie B,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review, we are really pleased to welcome you each week and Bruno enjoys looking after everyone.

Reviewed July 27, 2014

This hotel markets itself based on its central location and impressive history (there can only be one Oldest Hotel in the UK), but for the prices it charges it needs to be able to compete with others across all fronts - food, rooms, service.

And it tries. I'd just spent two nights in a Suffolk hotel for half the price, I was expecting to see high quality, and I did - when I opened the door to my room, I was impressed by the quality of the furnishings.

Unfortunately the room itself was tiny which made things difficult. Given the age of the building I realise there is little they can do, but perhaps this should be reflected more in the pricing; I paid £82 for the room only (Breakfast buffet was separate). I had asked for a quiet room though, and this was accommodated through giving me a room on the 3rd floor facing the courtyard rather than the busy roundabout.

Would I stay here again? I wouldn't be able to pay more for a larger room if in central Norwich again on business - it would probably have to be the Premier Inn a couple of streets away. If less need to be central, I'd recommend the Grove B&B which I reviewed on here couple of years ago. However, I enjoyed the general character and ambience of the place.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Christine M, General Manager at Maids Head Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2014

Dear Gokhart1

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and I am pleased that you found the bedroom to be of good quality, all the rooms in the old wing are a different shape and size due to the age of the building that adds to its character. We do have rooms in the new wing that are more similar to the corporate chain hotels if that is the guest's preference, I do hope you will stay with us again and try one of these rooms.

Christine Malcolm.