Maids Head Hotel
  • Breakfast included
Park Farm Hotel(Hethersett)
$168
Hotels.com
Dunston Hall(Stoke Holy Cross)
$119
Stower Grange(Drayton)
$167
$139
$86
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
1,287 results
All reviewswine pressoldest hotelcathedral suitenorwich cathedrallovely old hotelcar parkafternoon teacentral locationexecutive roomfree parkingsconesbuffet stylesingle roomvisiting norwichrestaurant staffweekend breakstayed here for one night
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 13, 2013

We had no complaints at the Maids Head Hotel in Norwich. Our room was clean, comfortable and spacious and the shower was hot with lots of water pressure. Breakfast was the best hotel breakfast of the holiday. It's in a very central location and parking is free if you're guest of the hotel. Wifi is also free. On top of all that, we received excellent service when I was trying to send a fax to a hotel in Italy. The girl at the desk told me the fax machine was a little slow and that if I wanted to go out, she would keep the fax and confirmation under the desk until I returned. After visiting the Cathedral across the road, I popped back in to see how the fax had gone. The girl explained that it had been rejected but she would keep trying and told me to head off and keep enjoying my day. Hours later I returned. It turns out the fax number that I had been given was old and the girl had even gone to the trouble of looking up the hotel on the internet to find the new fax number so she could complete the fax for me!

Room Tip: We chose the cheapest room and it was still a very good room. Not much of a view though, which I imagine the more expensive rooms have.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mialiam
Christine M, Manager at Maids Head Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2013

Dear Mialiam,

Thank you very much for your kind review. It is always great to see positive feedback from guests especially when they mention particular highlights, in this instance being the service from the receptionist. We will pass on your kind words to the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

My mum had her wedding here in 2011 its welcoming, friendly, clean great nights sleep. Food was great abit of a mix up at breakfast but over all a great day had by all. Its in a good location quite easy to find although I think you need abit of Norwich experiance to find it

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Emma D

Dear Emma D,

Thanks for your review. It is always lovely to hear that guests enjoy their special day with us and we love being a part of these special experiences. Make sure you all come back soon and relive that great day you all had.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

Looking for somewhere to have a nice relaxing coffee and bite to eat,we found the ideal place.My aunt suggested this hotel,the girl on reception was very helpful and informed staff that we had arrived and what we would like a snack.A very nice young man ordered our scones jam and cream .coffee and tea,we had to wait quite awhile for the scones but when enquiring w told they were very busy and would be with us soon.No problem to us as we were in no great hurry but did like to be told what was happening.The scones were very nice along with the coffee.Really enjoyed the hotel and staff were busy but not to busy to speak to us and explain everything.Have lived in Norwich all my life but have never been here before.I really enjoyed it because it felt very festive.There was a wedding about to take place.It was warm and relaxing and classy yet reasonable.Perhaps they should advertise this service more as I would never think about going anywhere like this but for a couple of extra pounds it is much more enjoyable than lots of cafes I have visited in Norwich,and nice to have a smile from people.Will return again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Dear Tuckswood,

Thank you very much for your lovely review. It is amazing to think that you had never visited us before but hope you come back soon. Apologies for the delay in the scones but as you were informed we did have a wedding on at the time and hopefully the delay was not too long. We cater for many functions and weddings but nonetheless we always strive to ensure that delays are kept to an absolute minimum.

We hope to see you back again soon.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

we went to the maids head between xmas and the new year the main point is the location right facing the cathedral so really central .
the room they gave us was so small with a constant humming background noise , ask to be changed ,and was changed straight away to a really great room 219 , but the bed was so hard struggled to sleep .
the buffet breakfast was fine really enjoyed it , but the whole hotel was just too hot .
staff were lovely , but dont think i would return sorry .
also found in the room 1 umbrella and 1 dirty pair of tights so cleaning not throughly done .

Room Tip: quiet room quite large room 219
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank millie1033
Christine M, Manager at Maids Head Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

Dear Millie1033,

I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay as much as you would have liked and I was very disappointed to read about the problems you encountered during your time with us.

We strive to make our guests experiences with us a memorable time and on this occasion it seems as if it was for the wrong reasons. We have a very thorough housekeeping team where we rarely see any negative comments but on this occasion it seems as if they failed to deliver our usual high standards and I must apologise for that. I was also disappointed to hear of the humming noise that disturbed you when you first arrived. I was however delighted to see that you enjoyed your second room and breakfast.

We do hope to welcome you back in the near future and hope to turn your opinion around as we don't like to be "just ok".

Reviewed January 1, 2013

booked a new years eve package and did,nt really know what to expect but we had a wonderful time, we thought it great value for money. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Our room was basic but spotlessly clean. The food was brilliant, five course evening meal and a great buffet breakfast.We suffered no noise in our room and would certainly stay here again, I think people forget the hotel is over 800 years old, its full of character, and Norwich is a wonderful city

Room Tip: We stayed in 102, basic, but quiet and clean
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank kimfam

Dear Kimfam,

Thank you very much for your lovely review. I was delighted to see that you started the new year off with a bang and enjoyed yourselves at our NYE 007 inspired evening.

Make sure you return this year to ensure 2014 starts off in the same way!