“Brilliant Value, Great Room & Food - Superb, Professional Staff!”

Holiday Inn Norwich North Hotel
Ranked #20 of 50 Hotels in Norwich
Reviewed August 10, 2009

....what more could you want from such a good value hotel?
We stayed in the executive room - it was immaculate and spacious. The restaurant was very busy (it was a Friday night) yet staff were super efficient, and un-flustered and service was still swift. In fact every member of staff that we had the pleasure of speaking too were so friendly and helpful!
I expected noise from the very nearby airport - but there was none!
It is a no nonsense, clean, modern, friendly, professional great value hotel - and a perfect base to visit Norwich - I will happily return.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
PANorwich, PA at Holiday Inn Norwich North Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2009

Thank you for taking the time to upload such a great review.
We were pleased to read that you enjoyed your meal in our Restaurant and that you found the staff to be pleasant and helpful and that you were not affected by any noise during your stay from the nearby airport.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Norwich North in the near future.

Reviewed June 15, 2009

I had to go to Norwich and booked this last minute, I did get a great rate and when I arrived I was wowed at the room. I had chosen a Jacuzzi suite value for money was immense. Decor was lovely, bedding clean, bathroom facilities excellent. You could lay in the jacuzzi and watch tv through the door.The room also had a shower with sauna facilities.
Parking was good too, no having to get tickets and drive in and out of barriers. Staff I dealt with only to check in and out. Did not use mini bar which was stacked with chocolate etc. Wasnt too sure whether they charged you per item for edibles the same as they did for spirits. On the booking details online it does read as free, but didnt touch it nonetheless. That was the only confusing thing.
I would definately book this again. .

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
BHTSF, Revenue Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich North Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2009

Thank you for your feedback which we value greatly.

We were pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and as a result of your comment have instructed that we review the wording on our website around the minibar.

To clarify the provision of the mini bar in the room booked is what should be stated rather than its contents being complimentary.

We will ensure that we pass your comments onto all the staff and continue to make improvements to ensure each stay with us is an enjoyable one.

Thank you again.

Reviewed May 28, 2009

Stayed for 2 nights during half term with my 13 year old daughter, may 2009. combining work for me with sightseeing for her.

The hotel is easy to find, just follow the airport signs and tadaa - there it is, in the airport. Amazingly, we heard ONE take off in the 2 days we were there, aircon in the room meant we had the window closed and the double glazing obviously does it's job.

Check in was a pleasant enough experience, strange that room upgrades were on offer for a small fee but not offered to myself as a platinum priority club member, but hey ho, the rooms are big enough and the bathrooms put the ones at the other Holiday inn just outside the city to shame. The leisure club is very good, clean and under utilised so we had a pleasant swim sauna and spa before ordering a takeaway in.
No comment from the hotel staff when the curry arrived only to let me know it was here and loan me plates and cutlery, pretty good of them I reckon. Sadly the next trip to the bar was to fetch glasses to dring tap water out of as the room has one plastic glass in the bathroom for the 2 people booked in, but the ice machine made up for the minor inconvenience.
The lack of an alarm call as requested the next morning meant we were late for breakfast, but the breakfast is exactly what one expects from the brand with a good selection and a pot of fresh coffee delivered to the table, the bacon would have been good as shoe leather, sadly. couldn't get the needle into it! Made a note to be earlier the following morning.
Evening dinner was a 2 courses for £18 affair and was really very good, a help yourself salad which was so good, I wished I had just ordered that alone, and an excellent carvery, fresh with a good choice of vegetables.

Day 2, no alarm call meant I was late for breakfast again which would have been annoying as I do like to read the paper at the table over a steady breakfast, luckily the ordered paper didn't arrive either. Asked the staff for one and they made a half assed show of checking the office for one before offering a different one off the rack, thanks.

My tips for the hotel would be to try the brewers fayre next door rather than pay for the breakfast, good as it is, same with dinner, we left it rather late to do this but I will do it next time, check the room as soon as you check in, one glass, one pair of towels for the two of us, take a mains adapter if you want to use a laptop as there is ONE socket on the desk for the kettle and take your own shower jel and shampoo, this is the ONLY holiday inn I have stayed at that doesn't provide them, in fact it's more like an express in that sense.

The staff are pleasant enough though and the car parking is plentiful, the Taj mahal takeaway delivers and the phole hotel is very clean. I agree with an earlier critic about the decor, it seems that the inside is somehow older than the outside, but it isn't tired or worn, just quite old fashioned. Get a great signal on my broadband dongle too, a bonus..
Really handy for Norwich, Wroxham and the Norfolk Broads, Great yarmouth and Cromer and touring this beautiful part of the country.

Now do i get my Daily Mail and wake up call PLEASE?

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to upload your comments onto this website. We do value your feedback and check this site regularly and respond.

We were pleased to read that you found the Hotel to your liking and was comfortable and that you managed to use our well equipped Health & Leisure Centre.

We are sorry that you did not recieve an early morning call and would always reccommend that the television is used in conjunction with our reception wake up call service to ensure that an appointment is not missed.

Without your comments it is hard to identify what aspects of our service is falling short and It is really useful to motivate the staff and help move us in the right direction with our service.

Many thanks again.

Reviewed May 28, 2009

I stayed here a few times working in the area. Feb-May 09.

This Hotel is only a 2 minute walk across the car park from the airport, so for travellers that are over nighting in or out of Norwich airport, for that reason is perfectly placed.

Though I claimed my stay's back on expenses, the cost varied greatly for the same room from £81 - £119 - which is a bit off putting, Unless you can get the company to pay upfront.

Nice enough for an airport hotel, the rooms were good enough. i was upgraded a couple of times to an exec room (Once the cheapest room at £81) these are bigger than the standard room, with a huge bathroom.

The breakfast was excellent, self service, though the restaurant is quite expensive and many of the guest, go to a nearby rival for an evening meal. The bar is also quite pricey and typical of the style of hotel, open plan and no atmosphere.

The majority of the guest are Gas Rig crews the night before flying out to their rigs. That said, they are well behaved and generally good guys, who do not cause any concern.

A nice hotel, which I would chose again, but I prefered it when I chose to travel away from the airport and stay in Norwich itself, which has plenty of hotels.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to upload your comments onto this website. We value all of our guests feedback and check this site regularly.

We were pleased to read that you have felt comfortable when staying in the Hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

The Hotel operates a flexible pricing policy which increases and falls inline with the Hotels occupancy and day of week.

Therefore to avoid the rate situation happening again in the future would always reccommend booking well in advance.

Reviewed April 25, 2009

I have used this Hotel regularly for the last two years, It may not be the most modern or exquisitley furnished but this is by far the best hotel in the city. The staff here are ALWAYS friendly, helpfull and professional. Whenever something is wrong they sort it straight away without any fuss.
I stayed here at Christmas when I came to see my children, The service I received from the General Manager and the rest of the staff was second to none, I had some requests that they met without hesitation and far exceeded any expectations that I had and I cannot thank the enough.
If you want a more modern hotel try the Holiday Inn in the city but if you want a nice hotel where you will receieve outstanding service great value and great facilities then stay here. You wont regret it.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled solo

Thank you for your feedback and a great reveiw.

It is really nice to share with our staff the excellent comments made on this website.

We really focus on providing the best service in Norwich and it is a real lift to our staff when it is recognised by our guests.

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed April 12, 2009

We booked this hotel for two nights (through Last Minute's "Top Secret Deals" - NEVER AGAIN!). The idea was for my wife (7 months preggers) to have a relaxing weekend while I worked in the room during the day (I work for myself). As we arrived (after a 3 hr journey) and found our way through the 30th birthday party, 25 hen night revellers and the wedding party towards the reception, we checked in, only to find no toiletries (come on, this is a 4* hotel) and the internet not working. After 1 1/2 hours of them faffing around, blaming my computer and claiming everyone else was ok, they eventually accepted that it wasn't working properly. I explained I was here to work and after much argument with the reception supervisor (I was told the duty manager couldn't speak to me as he was "serving a table in the banqueting suite"!) they finally agreed to refund my room so we could find somewhere else! (They then immediately resold it to the person next to us in the queue).

If you need to spend a night next to Norwich Airport (within 30 metres literally) it's fine. Otherwise, I'd rather have stayed in a Youth Hostel!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to upload your comments onto this website, we do value all comments made.

The General Manager seems to have been involved in trying to resolve your issues while in the Hotel and apologises that we were unable to provide our usual level or service on the occassion that you stayed with us.

He assures you that the comments have been taken on board and after the conversation that you had we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel, possibily when life returns to normal after the birth of your child. Congratulations and best wishes.

General Manager & Hotel Team.

Reviewed February 16, 2009

Stayed for a weekend with family.

We checked in on 2nd January for 2 nights. Perhaps some of the problems we encountered were due to the post Christmas/New Year period.

The public areas of the hotel are tired and in need of upgrading.

The restaurant service could be a lot better. The food was not of the standard I have experienced at other hotels in this group. The restaurant furniture definitely has seen better days.

The reception/bar area was not warm enough to sit in comfortably and the ladies toilets had no heat on at all. They were freezing. There was a notice warning that the water in the taps was very hot - it was cold!

The room was clean and comfortable.

We used the leisure facilities and these were good and the staff friendly.

We had an enjoyable break however I would look for a different hotel next time.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
BHTSF, Revenue Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich North Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2009

Thank you for taking the time to upload your comments on this website which we check regularly. We value all our customers’ feedback wherever they decide to provide it.

We were disappointed to read that our public areas did not meet with your expectations and find this surprising. Our restaurant carpet was fully replaced late last year and our guest customer surveys are not highlighting the public areas as a concern.

The Hotel is aware that our restaurant furniture is dated and this is being address with a plan to replace later this year.

I was disappointed to read that you did not contact our Manager on Duty who is available 24 Hours a day, either during stay or prior to your departure who could have made steps to try and resolve some of your issues and made your stay more comfortable.

Having looked back at the Hotels maintenance log it does show some problems with the heating and water during early January which affected the public area heating and water and apologise that this made your evenings uncomfortable while you were with us. I can confirm that this was an isolated event which has now been resolved.

Thank you for your comments regarding our Leisure Club staff and bedroom standards and we do hope that these issues will not stop you trying our Hotel again in the future. If you would like to contact our Reservations Department with your confirmation number of your previous booking I am confident that we can arrange an excellent overnight rate and a complimentary upgrade.