“Virtually No Complaints”

Ranked #19 of 50 Hotels in Norwich
London, United Kingdom
“Virtually No Complaints”
Reviewed July 15, 2014

My new company booked this hotel for me to be close to the training centre for five nights. Prior to my departure I had read several bad reviews on Tripadvisor. I found all the staff friendly and helpful. The room clean with all the extras, toiletries, tea, coffee, etc. even a note to say that if you had forgotten certain items, i.e. nail file they would supply free of charge., which I thought was a nice touch. Plenty of choice for breakfast in the morning, staff bring tea or coffee to your table. Evening meals were more than adequate. My only complaint was the price of the house white wine, same as West End, London. Special thanks to Leigh, the night porter who helped me in a difficult situation.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Bill H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich North Hotel, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Thank you for your review and I'm really pleased you had such a great stay with us. The hotel is now undergoing a full refurbishment programme and we are all looking forward to the seeing the finished product.

At Holiday Inn we always try and offer our guests those little extra touches and providing forgotten items is one of those things and it's surprising how many of us forget things when we pack in a rush to travel!

Sorry you found the wine prices a little high it is something we're looking at.

Thanks again for your review.
Bill Heath

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 13, 2014

This is a transit Hotel. Do not stay here if you want Gourmet food and a lazy relaxed start to your day. Very close proximity to the Airport means early morning noise. Visited here on a Coach trip, staying 4 nights. I read some of the reviews before leaving home and dreaded what we might find. Pleasantly pleased with our room, reasonably modern bathroom and clean possibly new carpet. Clearly a major refurb project in progress.
Unfortunately, our stay coincided with the installation of a new Computer system! I appreciate that this means extra staff training on the new system, but as a paying customer I do not expect to be kept waiting at the bar or in the Restaurant while the staff huddle around the "screen" and have my request for service answered with "I'll be with you in a minute".
Breakfast staff were extremely efficient and helpful, but the evening "team" were on another planet. Was very disappointed with the quality and range of food on offer, for an allegedly 4 star Hotel. Nothing like any other 4 Star I've ever stayed in.

Good luck with the Refurbishment, Mr Heath,and may I suggest that once the Hotel refurb has been completed, you make a start on re-educating certain members of your staff.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank hrhvic2ria
Thank you for your review and I am obviously disappointed by your comments. I appreciate customers should not have to wait for service and whilst we did training in a mock situation sometimes you cannot train for when you are "Live" and dealing with customers face to face. We did all we could to limit any wait time but obviously not enough for which I'm sorry.

I'm also sorry you did not like the food we offered, had you discussed this with me as you know I sit in the lobby at my desk then I'm sure we could have resolved any issues during your stay. There is very little I can do about it after you have been here for four days and then left without telling us and then writing it on TA!

On a positive note I'm glad you liked the team on breakfast and I've passed your comments about the evening team onto my Food and Beverage Manager for review.

We are investing millions of pounds into this property and I hope that once it's completed you'll have an opportunity to visit us again when you may wish to leave a more favourable review and a higher score than one.

Bill Heath

Travelers are raving about these Norwich hotels

Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 4, 2014

My wife and I recently stayed Holiday Inn Norwich North; having got married on the 21st of June we thought we deserved a mini moon as the our main honeymoon is in December.

• Great check in! - offered help with luggage, wakeup calls and complimentary newspaper in the mornings
• Nice big suite, spacious light and airy
• Breakfast was amazing, homemade breads were a delight
• Hotel staff from housekeeping to the pool staff were all friendly your pool was quiet and inviting shame about the whirlpool
• Large complimentary car park
• Late check out on the Sunday with no time restrictions was really welcomed

• The whirlpool was out of order during our stay (this was one of the main reasons we booked your hotel) nevertheless the pool its self was ok

I would rate our stay three out of five.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Bill H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich North Hotel, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TA. I'm pleased that overall you enjoyed your stay.

As on previous reviews we have now entered a full refurbishment of the property and as of today the pool hall and gym are being refurbished.

It's a very exciting time for the me and the team and we're looking forward to being able to welcome both old a new guests to our amazing new hotel once it's all complete.

Thank you again for your review.

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 1, 2014

I stayed in room 315 on Monday night 30th June 2014 and paid the rate of £154 for one night including breakfast. When i booked it is mentioned as a DELUXE room and i asked my company to pay for this. However after check-in i noticed dirty/ old fashion bathroom which i couldn't even take a shower. I mentioned this to the reception and she accepted and said “we are aware of this”. But i asked her for the price of £154 i could have stayed in much better place. She apologised and said she can't do anything only calling manager!! The Premier Inn next to this hotel is a minuet walk and half the price and cleaner. See attached photos.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. As I have previously mentioned we are in the process of a full refurbishment which will rectify the problems with the grout in the bathroom.

I am aware the hotel is dated however had you asked to be moved we would have been more than happy to help you and relocate you to a room that was more suitable. The grout has darkened with age and water damage so I'm unsure as to why you could not use the shower as I did check the room after your departure and it is not dirty but the grout is very black as you have pointed out on the pictures you have posted onto TA.

I hope you'll stay with us again once we have completed our refurbishment in the meantime if you are coming back please contact me directly and I'll make sure you're in one of our newly refurbished bathrooms.

Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

service lovely.Lovely 3 course meal.Lovely lively entertainment. night was brilliant staff was brilliant.place was lovely and clean .taxis standing by .all women and we'll behaved kind off .but everything went how it should happy ness

• Stayed July 2013
Bill H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich North Hotel, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. I'm delighted you had such a great night, we've had some superb feedback but yours is the first written one so thank you.

We have just started a refurbishment of the whole hotel and the Lancaster Suite is going to be amazing as we're having new lights, sound system carpets etc etc etc we can't wait and it will look fantastic once it's done.

Our Christmas brochure is now available so call or email us and we'll get one out to you as we have some great acts on over the December period from a Christmas Good Girl special to a superb Masquerade Ball...........................something to suit everybody.

Thank you again for you review and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I've stayed in a number of Holidays Inn for about the same price and have to say for the location (out of town) I expected something a bit more than what I got. The room we stayed in was beside a generator so there were only a few hours overnight we could have the window open. During a hot evening I'd at least expect the air conditioning to work, but it just flashed an error code with no air coming out. The bath worked but the shower did not. Moreover the lifts were out of order meaning that we had to take the stairs with the suitcases. I had expressed my concerns about my stay by email to HI Norwich North but 72 hours later I've not had an acknowledgment of my email.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Bill H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich North Hotel, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TA. If you have sent an email to us we have not received it as we always reply to any form of compliment or complaint so please re-send it again.

As you've probably seen from my previous responses the hotel has now started a full refurbishment and we expect phase one to be completed by the end of 2014. During this period we'll be working on the public areas including the Health and Fitness club, the bar, restaurant and lounge areas and the bedrooms and bathrooms, its a very exciting time for me and the team and we're delighted this work has now started and we hope our guests old a new will like what we are doing.

As I previously mentioned we have not got your email so please do send it again and thank you once again for reviewing our hotel I do hope you'll return once the work has been completed.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed May 18, 2014

Getting tired, must have been a great hotel in its day, great staff. Rooms old and tired but clean. Supermarket and pub just 2 minutes walk. Nothing of interest around the area so you really need a car.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Bill H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich North Hotel, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. We have just started a full refurbishment and we're delighted as the hotel is quite dated but we expect it to be back to its former glory by the end of the year.

We have the park and ride close by for easy access into the city and if you have got a car the amazing North Norfolk cost is only 20 minutes away so a great location for everything Norwich and Norfolk has to offer.

I hope you'll come back again once we've completed our refurbishment as the hotel will look amazing we certainly can't wait.

Thanks again for your review its very much appreciated.