“Excellent”

Ranked #20 of 50 Hotels in Norwich
Hampshire
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

We had a two- night stay here, and found the reception staff very welcoming, our rooms very convenient on the ground floor, and plenty of parking right outside the hotel. The room was immaculate,with a nice firm king- size bed. There was no shortage of storage space in the room, either. The bathroom was sparkling and modern..one small addition I would suggest would be a soap dish..the counter-top in the bathroom got a bit wet and soapy.
Breakfast was plentiful, worth booking in advance. The staff were very attentive, clearing plates promptly, and offering coffee and tea. .
Any worries we had about airport noise were unfounded.
All in all, a very comfortable stay. Will definitely consider this hotel for future trips to Norfolk.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank fifiHampshire
PANorwich, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich North Hotel, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
It is really great to hear such positive feedback about our hotel and the service you received during your stay. Thank you for taking the time to review our property and I will ensure that I share your comments with our hotel Team.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

Stayed on Saturday for a staff party. Big rooms which although a little dated very clean and comfortable. The food at the function was superb and the service very impressive. Breakfast was of a high standard and would stay again. Right next to the airport but no noise at all in room.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank AndyGurney
PANorwich, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich North Hotel, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel it was excellent to hear your comments. I will ensure that theTeam all get to see your review which I am sure they will all be pleased to see. Many thanks again.
Tewkesbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2012

This hotel is very conveniently located for Norwich International Airport. My wife and I found it to be very clean with friendly and helpful staff. The meals, served as a carvery, were good but a little bit of imagination as regards the vegetables on offer would have been nice. Whilst we did not have the time to use them the facilities in the Hotel were plentiful and,should we be in the area in the future, we would be more than happy to stay there again. We would also recommend paying for an upgrade to an "Executive Room"

Room Tip: Room 231, Executive Room, very good and is on ground floor.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
PANorwich, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich North Hotel, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Great to hear such a positive review. Our Jacuzzi Suites like Room 231 are very popular with guests and a great tip to share with fellow travellers. Thank you again and I will ensure this review is shared with the Team.
Warrington, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2012

great size hotel, all amenities you could want including spa, gym etc.... warm and friendly welcome upon arrival, bar staff and resteraunt staff pleasant and friendly. room big and clean, bathroom very roomy. small notes for next time, breakfast doesnt start when thay say and bar food is processed in a microwave. will i return? on business yes i would. great location as well

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
PANorwich, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich North Hotel, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Great to hear your comments and a pleasure to welcome you back. In reference to your notes, breakfast starts at 5am but is plated not a buffet due to not wishing to have food out for a long period of time. None of the food is microwaved so if you let us know why you think that it is, we can try and improve it for you.
Whitby
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012

I've stayed here multiple times for work and find it has good and bad points.
Good stuff; staff, pool/gym, bar food, proximity to the airport
Bad stuff; resteraunt food, rooms are very dated, price (compared to other places near by.)

This place must make a fortune with the events it hosts and the amount of gas rig workers passing through not to mention the business from holiday goers to and from Norwich airport so you'd think there would be no excuse for dated rooms with tv's that dont work and bad water pressure. It is a comfortable nights stay but there are better for the price!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
PANorwich, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich North Hotel, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Thank you for your review and I will certainly share your comments with the Team. Having probably the largest team of Chefs in any hotel in the city it is disappointing that the food was not right for your stay.

All our TV’s were brand new only six weeks ago so if you could contact us directly to let us know the issues that would be excellent. Thank you.
lichfield
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012

A nicely presented commercial hotel set in a small leisure/commercial park on the outskirts of Norwich on the main road from Norwich to Cromer and by the side of the airport. My trepidation about noise after studying google maps was fortunately not founded. The hotel is set back up a side road behind other buildings which tends to block the noise from the busy main road and the airport is not very busy and does not operate at night ( may be busier in summer- may be worth checking if worried by noise). Car parking is immediately in front of the building and reception is straight off car park. The hotel is a stand alone modern building, well kept and clean. Service by all seemed friendly and helpful. The room ( on ground floor) was to the unbiquitous design for hotel rooms. It looked a bit "used" as you would expect but was pleasant and clean. Unfortunately although designated as a non smoker and booked as such and having a non smoking card on the side table in the room the smell of cigarette smoke hit me as soon as I opened the door. No doubt some ignorant guests had completely ignored the designation but surely the staff sould have spotted this and fumigated or redesignated the room. However personally, it did not worry me but it may have raised cause for complaint by others. The furniture was adequate and clean but I personally found the bed and the pillows a bit hard.

I dined in the restaurant. The food and drinks were very palatable. There was a choice of A La Carte or Carvery (another word for self serve) but I thought the prices were a bit steep (£13.00 for a scoop of lasagne from the carvery !!)

I only stayed for one night but would not object to returning and/or staying longer . A comfortable clean, warm, modern, hotel with all facilities ideal for business or slightly too formal for leisure on the outskirts of the city but on the main road to and only 2 miles from the city centre.

Room Tip: Rooms on back may be quieter- away from car park and not facing airport.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for your review and great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. It is disappointing when guests illegally smoke in our rooms as it is hard to refresh the room as the smell gets everywhere. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.
Colchester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

We booked the bewilderwood package for the second year running.
This package is without doubt great value for money. (family room , DDBB, entrance to the park and a book on the bed awaiting your child on return)

My review would have been very good, accept that during the night our room started to smell of smoke. (cigeratte smoke) My little girl woke up, as we were discussing it, unfortunately this led her to be very scared as she took it to be fire smoke.

I'm not sure if it was from the hotel's offices (we were in 303 next to this area) or from the pop up bed. It was very weird as we certainly didn't smell it on arrival earlier in the evening.

However we attempted to sleep through it, after a day at bewilderwood it helps!

Around 06.30hrs I went to report it. I also asked if we could cancel that days booking. ( we were staying another night) I was met by a polite lady, but wasn't able to make a decision until her manager came in.

I returned to the desk just after 7am to be told that I can cancel as I had paid in advance!

I had to explain that I understood that I could leave at any time, yet I wasn't prepared to pay for this second night, as I would use the refund to book a smoke smell free room elsewhere.

oh , I was asked to come back......

after breakfast I was told that I could indeed cancel. And I got my refund. However at no time did anyone want to investigate my complaint? Look to move me to a new room? Or help me find an alternative hotel.

I have to say that for a small hotel I would have expected for the manager to seek me out to investigate, apolgise even?

I'm a regular user of holiday inns with work, and feel really let down here.

This is the first time that I have ever bothered to write a review, and I stay in hotels 4 nights a week across the uk for many years now. As I have, I will also finish on a note that although the pool is great, and the local gym members were very welcoming to my family,the little things like soap in the showers were empty. breakfast was also Luke warm.

I have to say if it wasn't for room service and pools I'd book Premier Inns every time after this experience.

Room Tip: Marriott was excellent!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
PANorwich, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich North Hotel, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Great to hear the positives around your stay and that you received the resolution you required in the end. I must say that I am a little concerned about your comments and would like to speak to you in person regarding these. Devin Grosse (General Manager)

Travelers are raving about these Norwich hotels