“Without doubt the best Indian Food in Norwich”
Review of Roti

Ranked #143 of 843 Restaurants in Norwich
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Old meets new at Norwich���s Roti, a sublime Indian restaurant situated just five minutes from the city centre. Great care has gone in to the creation of the Roti dining room, at one time a traditional pub but now a clean, sleek space in which modern comfort is as central to the design as the look, intended to bring to mind the old gentlemen���s clubs of the Empire era. Booking is essential as Roti tends to get very busy, especially on Friday and Saturday evenings when locals flock for food before letting their hair down in the bars and clubs in town. It���s easy to see why this place is so popular, not only is the service friendly but Roti���s food is superb, earning plentiful good reviews from internet reviewers and five stars from the Norwich Evening News. Banned from using artificial additives, the kitchen relies only on natural ingredients, some imported from India for authenticity, to produce flavoursome and authentic Bangladeshi and Indian dishes.
Reviewed March 14, 2013

This elegantly decorated restaurant in Norwich is a real gem, the spicing in their dishes is authentic and gives the discerning spice foodie a treat as you can appreciate the complex layers of spices and chilli/ginger/garlic in some of the more powerful menu items. The standard of the food is exceptional.There are Unique touches such as the homemade chutneys and the delicious onion salad. I believe that this place sets the standard for Indian and also genuine Bangladeshi food in East Anglia.
We as a family visit when ever we can, we and our children enjoy the friendly welcome we receive every time. The authentic dishes from Bangladesh with an exciting array of unfamiliar ingredients are a real treat, and a welcome change from more standard menu choices.
if you are planning to eat an Indian meal this is the place to book!

There are newer reviews for Roti

Reviewed March 10, 2013

Child friendly staff. Lovely food, cut above the norm for Norwich. Specialities are interesting. Fully recommend. Helpful to have parking outside.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

First rate food, exemplary service but not over the top. Clean, well appointed; simply a great restaurant. This is a restaurant which Norwich has waited for for a very long time. We eat here regularly and thoroughly recommend it.

Hello Olive B

Thank you very much, it's always great to here one has enjoyed the Roti experience,
We try our best to keep our pride at it best.

Good luck and we see you / family soon

Reviewed March 2, 2013

Some work collegues and myself visited this resturant on 01/03/2013 after a hard day working away from home and it having been recommended by another local business.
It all started well despite not having made reservations we were seated within minutes and soon served with drinks and popadoms.
One of the party was undecided when the waiter came to take the main course order so we politely asked for another 10 minutes, after 20 or so I managed to attract the attention of one to place it.
Three of us asked for the same dish described as "Traditional" in the menu, the Chicken Tikka Masala,the other two of the party chose different.
The meals were soon delivered to the table and it was at this point I saw the "Chicken Tikka Masala" dishes. The colour was a pale orange and instead of the normal chunks of Tikka Chicken this was slices of chicken.
Once I commenced eating the dish it became immediately apparent this was not Tikka Chicken ,it did infact have a slight aniseed taste and although mine appeared to be cooked the other two people felt it was not cooked completely. It looked and had the texture of the type of precooked chicken you would get from Farmfoods in a large bag for £1.99.
The Masala sauce was very bland and had non of the attributes of any other masala dish I have eaten, it had a slight coconut taste more akin to a Korma dish.
During the meal the waiter enquired as to whether everything was satisfactory to which I replied "This is the strangest Chicken Tikka Masala I have ever seen it just doesn't look or taste like one." His reply was "We don't use artificial colours in our foods" hence the appearance.
I replied it is not what I have become accustomed to but I will eat it anyway as I am hungry, the waiter gave a wry smile and said "That's OK then" before walking away.
I did try a little of the other two dishes my friends had ordered and these were completely different having proper pieces of chicken and tasted authentic.
Whilst waiting to settle the bill I spotted the usual complimentary chocolates in a dish on the bar area, not having been given any when the bill was presented I grabbed one each for us all to cries of "Four no five chocolates thats a pound tip for each one!"
Too tied to argue we paid the bill and left, no friendly goodnight, thank you for your custom hope to see you again from the staff.
Good news is I am unlike to return anytime soon to Norwich and if I do and want a meal it won't be at the Roti.
Finally regarding tips they have to be earnt, the service at best was mediocre,the chocolate outburst rude and the food I was served diabolical this you will find results in no tips being given,it was enough having to pay for the food.

3  Thank stevetvs

Hi Steve

Apologies to your experience at Roti. I did look in to your complaint.
But I do like to make one point, we don not use any artificial colouring on our cooking, like same places. Also we never serve reheated food.

All the best ,
hope to see agin soon.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

A really elegant modern curry house with a really varied menu including special vegetable dishes using rare vegetables. It also offers a good selection of rice dishes. I had some of the finest sag aloo I have ever eaten.
The ingredients are all high quality and the atmosphere is welcoming and private.
I believe it has a sister restaurant on Brick Lane, London.

Hi TagineDream

Thank you for likening our decor. Yes we do use high quality ingredient and fresh as possible.
Great to here you've had the finest sag aloo ever.
Sister restaurant in Brick Lane. Bengal Village.
See you soon