“Good food shame about high corkage charge!”
Review of Madder Kitchen

Madder Kitchen
Ranked #76 of 840 Restaurants in Norwich
Cuisines: British
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Madder Kitchen blends delicious, vibrant flavours with seasonal ingredients. Our menu is heavily influenced by our travels around the world; serving fresh, healthy food made with local produce. Eat in, takeaway or Deliveroo
Reviewed November 9, 2013

Recently ate at the Maddermarket Kitchen.... Very limited menu but what I had to eat was lovely....however I really think their corkage charges are ridiculous.... 7.50. For a bottle of Cava or prosecco when they don't even have to do anything....certainly not pour the wine. I felt it was an arrogant excuse to make money for doing nothing... They haven't paid for a license and instead their corkage charges are ridiculous. I thought the idea of corkage was to take drink along that you couldn't get not because they didn't have a license.

4  Thank lindahutchings
There are newer reviews for Madder Kitchen

Reviewed November 8, 2013

The service was excellent, the food was divine and we felt completely catered for, it was like fine dining without the hefty price tag, outstanding value for money. We booked a table of 15 plus kids, the kids menu was fab, i find it difficult to find places to eat with kids in toe, they dealt with us brilliantly! I can't wait to go back to sample some more delights!

Reviewed November 1, 2013

This was our third viist over the last 6 months the service was excellent Pigeon breast salad followed by brisket then a delicious Tansy and Apple pudding exceptionally light and full of flavour from the apple butter. Great that you bring your own wine (corkage charged) as not being charged exHorbarant price for low quality wine. Great atmosphere from a small friendly team

1  Thank JohnBHindolveston
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Had a celebratory meal here with family.
The staff were very friendly and helpful without being overly formal. The menu was small but I understand it changes regularly and the food was delicious.
Great venue and a highly recommended little restaurant.

1  Thank Phil W
Reviewed October 21, 2013

We visited the restaurant on Friday 18th October for dinner, arriving early (we were the first diners) for the beginning of service at 6.30pm. Our party consisted of 2 adults and 2 children. Between us we ate: braised ox cheek, pan-fried hake, chicken and chips, and spaghetti bolognese. The food was absolutely wonderful! Far and away the most tasty dinner I have eaten out in Norwich since I came to live here in 2006. The kids both demolished their dinners (which were huge!) and my dinner companion also commented on how delicious her meal was. We paid £19.95 for two courses, which was great value. The restaurant is small, quirky, and informal, and the menu is limited, but the offerings were just incredibly delicious and I personally would much rather have a limited menu of fabulous food than a massive choice of mediocre meals. I cannot recommend this restaurant enough is you, like me, love food. 10/10!

1  Thank PersephoneMagdalene