“Excellent, uncomplicated food”

Ranked #91 of 861 Restaurants in Norwich
Cuisines: British
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Madder Kitchen blends delicious, vibrant flavours with seasonal ingredients. Our menu is heavily influenced by our travels around the world; serving fresh, healthy food made with local produce. Eat in, takeaway or Deliveroo
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Had a celebratory meal here with family.
The staff were very friendly and helpful without being overly formal. The menu was small but I understand it changes regularly and the food was delicious.
Great venue and a highly recommended little restaurant.

1  Thank Phil W

Reviewed October 21, 2013

We visited the restaurant on Friday 18th October for dinner, arriving early (we were the first diners) for the beginning of service at 6.30pm. Our party consisted of 2 adults and 2 children. Between us we ate: braised ox cheek, pan-fried hake, chicken and chips, and spaghetti bolognese. The food was absolutely wonderful! Far and away the most tasty dinner I have eaten out in Norwich since I came to live here in 2006. The kids both demolished their dinners (which were huge!) and my dinner companion also commented on how delicious her meal was. We paid £19.95 for two courses, which was great value. The restaurant is small, quirky, and informal, and the menu is limited, but the offerings were just incredibly delicious and I personally would much rather have a limited menu of fabulous food than a massive choice of mediocre meals. I cannot recommend this restaurant enough is you, like me, love food. 10/10!

1  Thank PersephoneMagdalene
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Was told about the Maddermarket Kitchen by a friend so I thought I would book a table with my girlfriend and her brother and wife. We were not disappointed.
Great food and a great place. Loved the relaxed feel to the place, not rushed and of course good food.
Go back again soon.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

After hearing several very positive reviews of the Maddermarket Kitchen I had high expectations and was not disappointed. Very friendly service with a relaxed feel to the restaurant, a small but well considered menu, every dish our group ordered was perfectly cooked and presented with care. Excellent value for money for a three course meal, especially with the BYO policy. We will be back soon and would recommend to friends.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

Just returned from a great value 3 course meal for under £60. Really good cooking and oh how i wished other places had a BYO policy; Provides an ideal opportunity to bring that prized bottle of vino you've been sitting on for ages, enjoy with good food and only pay a fiver for the privilege.

Lovely, friendly service and I was amazed to hear they do 3 course lunch for £13 - you wont BEAT that anywhere!!!!!!!

Wasnt particularly busy so im very happy for Maddermarket Kitchen to stay under the radar!

1  Thank Purplejpr
3Strawberry, Owner at Madder Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Thank you so much for your review, it is appreciated when people take the time to do so.