“Lovely breakfasts”

Cherryleaf Coffee House
Ranked #19 of 49 Coffee & Tea in Norwich
Cuisines: British
Description: There is a facebook page for this business but not a website, it can also be found on enjoynorwich.com
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Lovely breakfasts”
Reviewed December 6, 2013

My husband and I have visited this little coffee house twice during the past two months for breakfast before heading into the city and it is lovely. The staff are very friendly and always ensure that the customer is well looked after.
Last time we visited we had the full breakfast and it was delicious. The portion size was large. We had two rashers of bacon, two sausages (proper sausages), mushrooms, tomatoes, two eggs served with ciabatta.. They were happy to provide us with some chutney as an extra. We will definitely be regular visitors.
If I had to find something to make it even better I would suggest they have a few Sunday newspapers scattered about which would probably encourage customers to purchase another coffee.

• Visited December 2013

Norwich, United Kingdom
“Hidden Gem in Norwich! ”
Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

Great little independent coffee house with the BEST homemade cakes!! Great varieties of teas and coffees.
Can't fault it!

“Nice little independent”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Norwich is full of an array of great independent coffee houses.

I must say Cherryleaf is one of the nicest with great décor, friendly service and good coffee.

I have been there twice and both times had a skinny vanilla latté and a muffin (I know its a bit of a contradiction having a naughty cake and a skinny beverage) but well worth it. The skinny vanilla latté is topped with cinnamon which finishes it off just right.

The coffee isn't the best in Norwich (that's due to some great competition from places such as mustard, little red rooster, strangers etc.) but still delicious and better than the rubbish served in the corporate establishments we all know so well. My partner had a skinny flat white which wasn't as silky and rich as it should have been. I appreciate it was skinny milk and so no as easy to work with, but it lacked the texture you would expect a flat white to have.

The muffins there are excellent! First time I went, I had a banana and walnut (which was amazing) the second visit I divulged a strawberry and banana muffin which was lovely and moist. Both muffins were a great size and brilliant value for money.

The rustic and honest décor is welcoming and the attention to detail is great.

Well worth the visit and short walk down St Giles!

• Visited August 2013
Norwich
“Service with a smile!!..Not!”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Have visited here previously and enjoyed a really nice coffee, on that occasion the food looked lovely, but we weren't hungry enough to eat. When thinking about where to go for breakfast last Saturday we decided to go here. We both chose the poached eggs and bacon with ciabatta, although the choc/banana muffins looked tempting. The breakfast was nice, but nothing outstanding. It is a nice place with interesting surroundings, but the girl serving can be surly, not rude, just not friendly! Make sure you take your tea to the table with you - no waitress service.

• Visited July 2013
Suffolk, United Kingdom
“Very disappointed”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

After reading reviews on tripadvisor & Facebook thought we would try a coffee and 'best scones in norwich' but won't be going back. Staff not very welcoming, no scones, and overall, no pleasant ambience. I think if the staff had been friendlier it would have improved our experience. Maybe we were unlucky because lots of other people seem to have a more positive view of this cafe but I'm afraid I won't be recommending it.

• Visited April 2013