Tripadvisor

Ranked #166 of 939 Restaurants in Norwich
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Business meetings
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Good food ,good service arrived 6.30pm not many people in restaurant ,but was busy when we departed ,would recommend for a nice night out

Date of visit: December 2019
Write a reviewReviews (393)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Great 1st experience here. Absolutely brilliant food, fast service, lovely attentive staff & bubbly atmosphere. Good price too..very reasonable for 5 people. Will definitely be going back.

Date of visit: January 2020
1  Thank HarisonJ
Reviewed November 5, 2019

Visited baby Buddha a few weekends ago as we wanted to try somewhere new. I had the big bowl of wonton noodle soup and my boyfriend had duck. I was impressed with the portion size! I was full by the end!!!
I found the service to be fine, just like you’d expect in Hong Kong. I think others moan about the service as they don’t understand the cultural differences.

The only gripe was the random charge on the bill (I think it was a service charge) when the menu stated a service charge was only applicable for larger groups.

Date of visit: October 2019
Reviewed November 4, 2019

A really lovely experience. An authentic Chinese menu which was everything we expected. My son lived in China for 4 years and said the food was representative of what he’d become used to - and as a vegetarian he was delighted by the choices on offer. Would recommend.

Date of visit: November 2019
Reviewed November 1, 2019

On arrival we were shown to our table and we ordered fizz and extra glasses for our companions who were arriving separately. One of the glasses had lipstick on it, the bottle was plonked on the table without a cooler and left for us to open. We had to ask for this to be done. The meal arrived and we asked for plates as some of us find chopsticks tricky and were given side plates to eat off. No extra cutlery arrived and we were forced to use our eating utensils to serve the food (very unhygienic). The meat had been reheated and was dry especially the 'crispy' duck, the vegetables were soggy and tough. The food was not put on heated table servers. Three people wanted to share 2 desserts and we were given 2 scoops of sorbet with 2 spoons (great for sharing) and the banana with two blobs of ice-cream (and one spoon) was wrong, we had ordered banana fritters. We were not given finger bowls or napkins to rinse our hands so I went to the loo and found there was no soap in the dispenser (and hadn't for some time I suspect). This restaurant has only 3 stars for hygiene and I am not surprised. The waiting staff are poorly trained. The food is only just about edible. This restaurant was quite good when it first opened but has really gone downhill. other reviews say how good it is but read them carefully and it's the occasion that seems good not the food; I really hope I shall not return.

Date of visit: October 2019