“The closest thing to Chinatown around”

Baby Buddha Chinese Teahouse
Ranked #214 of 864 Restaurants in Norwich
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Business meetings
Reviewed January 4, 2014

If your looking for a chinese restaurant that does real Chinese food then you cant get much better than this in Norwich. The dim sum selection is excellent and the regular Chinese menu is as good as it gets in this part of the world. If you've ever spent time in China or Hong Kong then you may also recognise some of the specials that are available (written on a scrp of paper and added to the menu daily) and a few permanent ones listed as "Chef Specials, Chinese Home Favourites" no less!
As a family restaurant they are great, always attentive to the kids and indifferent, friendly and pleasant at the sane time towards the adults which means that they can only be rushed off their feet.... perfect,

1  Thank stoopidcat

Reviewed January 3, 2014

Tend to visit once a month. The food has without fail been first class with many choices which i have not tried before. Service is generally very good but with some new staff being trained front of house recently it has been slightly below usual standard. My partner is a wheelchair user and the entrance good be better and slightly more care could sometimes be taken with allocated table to minimise any disruption to us, staff and fellow guests. Without doubt the best Chinese in norwich

Reviewed December 27, 2013

Visited on 24th December with my mother.

Find it hard to believe people have had problems with staff being rude, we found them to be very friendly and helpful.

The food was excellent, try the honey ribs and salt and chilli squid, yummy!!

Only downer was the noodle dish was wrong, roast pork chow mein came out as king prawn, Chef recooked entire dish, not just cooked pork with prawns and sent out on original noodle.

Would give a 6 if I could, Excellent!

Reviewed December 26, 2013

I came here a few years ago with family so a few years later I was desperate to take my foody boyfriend along! But sadly we we met with an uncomfortable atmosphere and a lack of interesting vegetarian options. The service was similar to a fast food restaurant and I felt like they couldn't wait to get us out so with that we left!

1  Thank Hannah K
Reviewed December 24, 2013 via mobile

I am not a big fan of Chinese food, but this was lovely. We were a very large party and the food was served promptly, hot and to a very good standard.

The staff were very attentive.

I would definitely recommend this restaurant!