“Surprise !”

Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Business meetings
“Surprise !”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

This WAS my favourite eating place, absolutely loved the food, visited many times. with friends and family, patronised it long before all expansions.
So can you imagine how surprised I was to find a long black hair in the noodle dish we ordered.
O.K. Mistakes can happen but we all do our absolute best to rectify them. It was New Years Eve and the restaurant was fairly busy so we decided not to make a hug fuss so we quietly pointed the hair out to the waitress.
GsThe response I got was absolutely amazing---
Oh dear I' ll tell chef.
As you can imagine this had robbed us of our appetites and we left a lot of food.
This must have been noticeable, however we were still asked "did we want a dessert". Upon a negative reply we were presented with our bill to be told the Management had kindly taken the cost of our drinks off our bill, 1/2 pt shandy and a small beer!
-- about £3.50 on a £50 +bill!
But what I found even more amazing was the "Management "could not be bothered to come over and apologise himself, but upon leaving, he stood at the door
and wished us a Happy New Year!!!

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank WWander

Norwich, United Kingdom
“Favourite Chinese”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

This is my favourite restaurant, partly because I love Chinese food and partly because this is the best Chinese food I've found in Norwich. You get large servings - we ordered as normal the first time we came and ended up with enough food for 4 people rather than 2 so took the rest home with us! The service can be a little slow sometimes but I've found it's only really when the restaurant is particularly busy. For the amount of food that you get I think it works out about the same as ordering a take away so why not get the good stuff when you're nearby (their take away in Poringland is also worth a try if near). Try the sharing platters between 2 for a starter with an iced Chinese lemon tea - delicious!

• Visited August 2012
Norwich, United Kingdom
“do not like service charge”
Reviewed December 14, 2012

Some of our dishes were good, some average, but what we object to is 10% service charge added to bill for table of 6 or more. We usually tip, but to pay £18 extra just to have food brought, slowly and some had to wait, and table cleared, we all think outrageous, so we will not be going again.

• Visited December 2012
4 Thank abfree
“AVOID”
Reviewed December 4, 2012 via mobile

As a great japanese friend of mine recoomended you as an amazing place to eat i thought id try this ''GREAT PLACE'', ONLY to be embarrissed to have recommened this to my friends i cfame to dinner with. FIRSTLY i appreciate that you were busy but the quality of the food just wasnt great, luke worm food, cold duck! and simply average food!! to say the lease i was dissapointed after my friend raved about the quality of the food, i had a higher exspectation than i recieved... i came for great food not service but was dissapointed on both fronts!!! Finally after a mopuntain of half eaten poor quality food and all round a BIG dissapointment i asked for the bill where i was over charged and to top it off the mints you give out for customer, without realizing they were completly covered in pen ink!! i ate one and continued to put my coat unknowingly covering my new shirt in ink aswell as my coat! told the waitress, not evan an aplogy!

sometime its nice to find a hidden jem, this certainly wasnt the case! Will i come back probably not! feedback and word of mouth are very important and with lots of competition i reccomend a much needed improvement!

Once reporting this to the management, just lots of excuses, I'd avoid it the "manager/ owner" clearly isn't capable!

1 Thank J281990
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Lovely authentic Chinese food in a modern Chinese environment”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

I love this restaurant!! The food is so well cooked, with a mix of British Chinese favorites and traditional home-cooked Chinese meals. I would recommend the Chef Special part of the menu.

The management is a lively and friendly family, that make you feel very welcome.

The restaurant decor and environment is also modern and creative, with traditional Chinese features but without the old fashioned round tables and table cloths you find in so many restaurants.

With the mix of many Chinese and European customers, it is a restaurant that many enjoy, and proves that the food served is popular amongst the Chinese, which must be a good sign.

• Visited December 2011