“Excellent Value For Money.”

and 1 more site!
Travelodge Norwich Central Riverside
Ranked #21 of 50 Hotels in Norwich
Reviewed April 29, 2014

This report is written in mind that about 15 of us stayed here on a stag weekend and paid £10.00 a night each. (Stayed 14th - 16th March)

Check-in. We were checked in smoothly and easily by a young lady on reception. One of the lads asked for an extra room card and was given one without hesitation!

Room. My room was a triple and for what we paid I thought was excellent value for money.

Good Points: On the whole the staff were friendly, The inside of the building was very clean, The all you can eat breakfast was not too bad, Very good location from the bars and only about ten minutes walk from the train station and last but not least, as already said very good value for money.

Bad Points: When I asked a gentleman on reception a few hours after checking in for a second room card I was refused and told that it was only one per room, different from above??? I could not gain access to my room on the first night because my two friends were fast asleep and as not bang on and wake people up in other rooms I decided to sleep on my friends floor for the night in another room. When I went down to reception the next morning to get access to my room the very same gentleman was on reception and when I asked for someone to let me in my room he just gave me a room card without any questions??? The windows across the whole building from the outside were very, very dirty, thus needed to be cleaned more often.

Would I stay at this place again, yes if the need arises again in the future.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank NottinghamPanthers

Reviewed April 21, 2014

Standard travelodge. Apart from the nightclub next door that is open until 4am. I was in a room on the second floor and the bass kept me awake until the club closed. I live on a main road and am used to traffic noise but the constant and drumming bass sound kept me awake.

If I was made aware of this fact before I booked I woud have booked elsewhere.

Location fine and usual travelodge facilities just insist on a front-facing room.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
1  Thank mysterious_penguin
TravelodgeUK, Nicolas from Customer Services at Travelodge Norwich Central Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2014

Thank you for your review mysterious_penguin. We are sorry to learn that you were unhappy with the noise level you experienced in your room. Whilst we aim to help our customers by placing details about external noises at our hotels on our website, we’d still like to apologise for the disruption to your stay as a result of the noise from the club. Unfortunately it is not always possible to fully reduce the noise that our guests might experience in their room. However, we make every effort to minimise the noise that might be heard from outside the hotel by having insulated walls and double glazed windows. We would like to provide a resolution for the issues you have raised. Please could you visit our website and select the Contact Us button and when doing so please specify you have left a TripAdvisor review.

Reviewed April 21, 2014

Nice, no frills hotel, which provides what you would expect for the price. Close to the the railway station, this also involves it being quite close to Norwich's downmarket lively street, but we mentioned when checking in that we were worried about this and were given a quiet, high room at the back. During the daytime, this street is uber depressing, but you can quickly move away to either the castle or cathedral areas, making this a very convenient location - it's also close to the bus stop for the #25 to take you out to the Sainsbury Centre. The room was clean but cold, although that improved once I established how the heater worked. They had forgotten to provide soap, and towels were very budget, but we easily obtained a hair dryer and tea and coffee refills from reception. This is a perfectly adequate budget base to explore Norwich, which turned out to be a beautiful town.

Room Tip: TOP TIP: IF travelling as a couple, mention this when booking to establish that you are not part of...
Reviewed April 17, 2014 via mobile

Got this room for £60 for 2 nights and wasn't expecting much because it was so cheap but the staff were very friendly and when I went in my room it was spacious, clean and warm! The bed was incredibly comfy too. The only down side was the incredibly small bathroom and being woken up by someone who was knocking on another door constantly, when I looked to see who, it was a man only wearing a t-shirt :S haha but it was a great stay and would definitely stay again! (But the restaurant is very pricey so go to the take away around the corner)

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jubsy1
Reviewed April 14, 2014

Clean & comfortable rooms and friendly staff but very basic. I travelled with friends who booked earlier than I did and they got a great price but as I booked a bit later I paid almost double. I liked the location as it's close to late bars etc, but i'd only stay here again if I got the cheaper rate, I believe I could probably get something far superior elsewhere if paying the full rate price from here.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank AT67
Reviewed April 12, 2014

So, its a Travelodge.Its clean and comfortable(newly refurbished) and with a simple restaurant.Its the location that makes it special.Just on the edge of Tombland and only a few hundred yards to the Cathedral. Would certainly recommend it to any one who wanted a cheap visit to Norwich.

Reviewed April 8, 2014

Central location, easy walking distance from main places to visit in Norwich. Clean comfortable room, friendly helpful staff. Did not use the canteen facilities so cannot comment on them.Will certainly visit again if need to go to Norwich.

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge