“Should be 5 star rating!.”

Best Western Brook Hotel Norwich
Ranked #25 of 50 Hotels in Norwich
exmouth.
“Should be 5 star rating!.”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

I stayed at this hotel whilst on a coach trip to the Norfolk Broads in February 2012. The room was absolutely pristine and comfortable. The room had air conditioning /heating and the en-suite was spotlessly clean. There was a breakfast buffet where we all stuffed ourselves silly it was that good. There was a carvery every evening which again was amazing. I was particularily impressed by the helpful hotel staff and will definitely be returning there in the near future.

Room Tip: Any room will be comfortable..
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank susan w
Elizabeth P, Front Office Manager at Best Western Brook Hotel Norwich, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 11, 2012

This place certainly does a very good carvery, and the service has been excellent on every visit. Nice touches for only £9.95 for two, including fresh flowers on table. Coffee and drinks a bit expensive.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 29, 2012

I was part of a coach party staying for two nights. I take lots of trips every year throughout this country and abroad so I have experienced good and bad hotels. Before I took this break I checked The Brook on Tripadvisor and the reviews were very iffy. I am pleased to say the establishment exceeded my expectations. The hotel decor was very stylish thoughout the public areas and the larger than average bedroom
was very well furnished with every facility.All the staff I encountered worked very hard to please everyone and were well organised. We had breakfast and dinner on two days and the food was really excellent.
The hotel is located off a main road a few miles from Norwich so transport is needed to reach local places of interest.
I would happily stay again, It was so good to encounter such a well run business with a strong emphasis on customer service.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Nick477
Thank you for your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. We work very hard to ensure high standards and so I am delighted that all your customer service requirements were met. I hope that you come and stay with us again.
Leicester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 21, 2012

Very nice clean warm room with air conditioning, good tv & settee. Unfortunately on my Saturday Night two tour coaches arrived from Thursford show at the same time for buffet evening meal and the catering staff where overwhelmed. Food was eatable, but the wait spoilt it for me

Room Tip: Room 202 had a quiet Air Con, no radiator as back up, but some people on our coach had noisy air con...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Mick H
Ross On Wye
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Ok, we only paid £65 a night B&B for a "standard room", so we werent expecting 5* luxury, but we were really disappointed by this hotel. The bedroom wasnt that clean - not horrendous on first glance, but grubby when you looked a bit more closely. We changed rooms twice, once as soon as we arrived, as there were crumbs all over the carpet and thick layer of dust if you moved the bed slightly and then again on day two, as I felt the bathroom in the room we had been moved to was no better. This is a basic, doesnt matter if youre paying £50 a night or £300 - you want a spotless bathroom! If youre the manager or owner of this hotel, go to one of your bedrooms and sit it the bath and see what guests see - thick layers of fluff, grime in the corners, peeling wallpaper. You might say the rooms are due for a revamp - I dont mind if the furniture, decor is a bit dated, that's fine, but you cant excuse sloppy housekeeping. We were hoping that the breakfast would be amazing to compensate, but it was very average. Little choice, usual mass produced fayre. Up your game, there are better deals out there. Service was good with attentive staff. This was a shame for them, as lots of the basic elements are there.

Room Tip: Have a good look around room and bathroom before you unpack!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank memberRossonWye

Travelers are raving about these Norwich hotels

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed September 25, 2012

The hotel is located in a very nice and quiet area. Is @ 20 min from the city and next to the hotel you have the bus station ( buses every 5min). Rooms are very clean, staff very friendly. The restaurant serves really good food at very affordable prices.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Elizabeth P, Front Office Manager at Best Western Brook Hotel Norwich, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Thank you for your review - I am delighted your enjoyed your recent stay with us and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the future.
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 24, 2012

After reading negative reviews on here esp about the lack of service and food I just had to write a review myself!
I have never stayed at the brook hotel so i can not comment on the bedrooms but as for the food and the service here it is top class..best carvery in the whole of Norfolk!
Myself and my friend have been going to the brook every sunday for the past year and the staff are allways quick to serve and allways friendly as so is the chefs and the place is allways clean and spotless..The staff in the hotel go out of their way for their customers.Keep up the good work!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank roseriddles
Thank you for your review. I am delighted that you continue to enjoy your carvery meals with us here on a Sunday. I am delighted to still be able to offer two main course carvery meals for £9.95 on a Sunday for anybody looking to come out and enjoy Sunday lunch!