“Very friendly, excellent meal.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Norwich
The Norfolk Lurcher
Ranked #37 of 80 Norwich B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 1, 2011

My wife and I went to one of the Jazz nights as it was her birthday. We received a warm welcome and the meal was serverved on time. Even the dog went round and wagged it's tail at everyone (not in the restaurant). The place was packed but everyone was served very quickly.
The price of £22 for a three course meal with entertainment was very good value. I had the lamb shank, which was excellent, the lamb was large portion, not greasy like some I have had and very tender. The vegetables were piping hot and perfectly cooked. We could not have been more pleased with the meals.
One of the former reviewers must have caught them on a bad day indeed, and who drinks coke for breakfast?? No wonder they charged extra. I would.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Peter H
There are newer reviews for The Norfolk Lurcher

Reviewed August 20, 2011

This is a lovely pub, that does excellent food. It manages both to cook and present the simple things brilliantly and present more elaborate dishes excellently, but never in small portions!
I enjoyed a very different, but superd take on chinese style crispy beef, followed by a best ever sausage and mash (take a selection of suasages form a list, and choose the style of mash (e.g. mustard, scallion, or simple) to accompany them.
Excellent tracle tart to finish too!
Friendly service, well kept beer, lovely ambience, in a beautiful setting, eating here is a wonederful experience

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Stephcart
Reviewed August 7, 2011

We decided to go away for a weekend, and I have to admit I was intrigued by the name! When we got there, we were welcomed in and shown to our room which was beautiful and the bed was so comfortable.
Breakfast was lovely: 2 eggs, bacon, tomato, mushrooms and toast - absolutely delicious! There was also a variety of cereals, yoghurts and fruit.
We were able to take Alfie the dog on trips every morning, they were very helpful and told us where to go, but to be honest Alfie took us where he wanted to go!!!
We had food on Saturday and Sunday night and it was amazing.
I am not that easily pleased but I found everything to our taste, and we would definitely go back.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank starhippo
Reviewed July 27, 2011

As we were so impressed by our last visit to The Bug we asked John and Alison to cater for our son's wedding reception. (As the happy couple were married in Greece we asked them to lay on a Greek style menu).
62 guests enjoyed a superb lunch, followed by an evening BBQ with live music for the young friends.
It was a magic event, and we have received many compliments on the whole day. Thanks to Alison, John, Chris the Chef, Wendy and of course "Alfie"

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Bazz219
Reviewed July 22, 2011

I stayed here recently as a romantic get away. My boyfriend and I could not have asked for a better week away; our room was fabulous value for money, modern and comfortably furnished with a beautiful en suite. I also viewed the other rooms as i plan another trip with more friends, all equally lovely. The breakfast was more than I could eat and thankfully filled up my partners endless stomach, with plenty of variety including a cooked breakfast,cereals and fruit. The restaurant is just amazing, comfortably furnished and not squished in; beautifully presented food and just cooked to perfection, not one bad meal all week! Great location for experiencing Norfolk and all it has to offer, lots of helpful advice from Alison and John, who have a fantastic sense of humor . I am not a beer drinker myself but apparently (according to my partner) the ales were very well kept by Rob the barman. Alfie the dog made for a very warm welcome!
Cannot wait to return.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank ToughCookie25
Reviewed July 19, 2011

We travelled from Southampton to stay with friends in Little Melton and they took us to The Ugly Bug for dinner on the Saturday evening.
The menu was extensive and we were really pleased that some of the dishes had a hint of Greek cuisine which was lovely as we met our friends in Greece this year!
The food was excellent and the pub gardens are beautiful. The service was also excellent and we were all made to feel extremely welcome.
If only there was a pub/restaurant like this near us!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
5  Thank Kwak1000s
Reviewed June 15, 2011

My husband and I stayed for a long weekend. Alison and John were very welcoming and friendly. The food was fantastic and choice of ales and wine excellent. Strongly recommend to anyone. We will defintely return!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank JackieN47
Also consider these accommodations in or near Norwich
Park Farm Hotel
The Kings Head Bawburgh
The Kings Head Bawburgh
#1 of 2 in Bawburgh
Easton Guest House and Apartments

Been to The Norfolk Lurcher? Share your experiences!