“Terrible staff and students not welcome”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of UEA Sportspark

UEA Sportspark
Ranked #56 of 142 things to do in Norwich
Harpenden, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Terrible staff and students not welcome”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

I recently went to the Sportspark to play 5-a-side football. The facilities were fine, however the staff were disgraceful. Upon leaving the Sportspark, I approached the reception desk to ask if I needed to get my parking token validated and pay for parking. I informed her that I was a student as I thought there may be a subsided parking rate for students, being a university sports centre. She then looked at me with disdain and informed me that I would have to pay a £10 fine to leave the car park because students were not allowed to park there. I tried to explain that I obviously had no idea about this rule and assumed that, being a Sportspark customer, I would be allowed to park in the Sportspark car park. If I had not told her I was a student I would not have been fined. She was not interested in this and showed no sympathy. She informed me that it was sign posted at the entrance of the car park that students were no allowed to park there. I looked at the sign and found buried among the text spread over two sign boards, it did display this information. There is however no mention of this rule on their website. Such an unexpected, costly and easy rule to break should obviously be made far clearer before entering the car park. Not sure if I am more disgusted with the principal of the fine or the attitude of the woman who gave it to me.

Visited May 2013
23 Thank Glen T

34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Any sport activity”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

On the site of the UEA, excellent sport facilities with outstanding swimming pool. A great facility for all to enjoy. local or visitor.

Visited May 2013
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 78 helpful votes
“restaurant review here”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

If you're on UEA campus, this is the second best food outlet you can get. If it's kind of later in the evening, then it's your only option. Have one of their very reasonably priced burgers!

Visited July 2012
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Great Multi-Sport facility”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

What a great sporting asset to the City of Norwich. The indoor facilities are second to none in Norfolk with the Sportspark playing host to "School Games" competitions, Premier League netball matches and East Region Swimming Championships to name but a few. My children regularly make use of the 50m pool for training and racing and the sportshalls for netball. The new gymnastic centre is fabulous. The outdoor facilities are great too with hockey, soccer and even tag-rugby taking place on its all weather surfaces and athletics on the track. All users are charged an entrance fee of 60p but I am told this is specifically to keep hire costs as low as possible.

Visited March 2013
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“regular user”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

Many classes at reasonable rates, especially for students. Classes often quite packed but generally enough room.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank hpatel246

Been to UEA Sportspark? Share your experiences!