“A fabulous place”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Norwich
Number 15 Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #14 of 80 Norwich B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“A fabulous place”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I booked Number 15 as it was well placed for the city, near my daughter's digs and looked very inviting on the website. I was delighted that it exceeded my expectations. The room was quiet warm and very comfortable. I was able to read on the chaise longue and the en suite shower was large and clean. Ian even made my daughter and I a pot of tea when we came in one cold afternoon even though we had tea making in our room. The breakfast was delicious and thoughtfully prepared. I had freshly squeezed orange juice, a wonderful berry smoothie, a cafetiere of coffee, fresh fruit, walnut bread as well as a cooked breakfast. I'm not a vegetarian but the food was so plentiful and delicious I didn't miss bacon or sausage.I would thoroughly recommend staying here. There is also a guest sitting room with a great selection of books.

Room Tip: The other couple staying also thought that Number 15 was a 'real find'
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
IanRyNorwich, Owner at Number 15 Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Thank you Trina, it is always nice to get such positive feedback and the phrase "a real find" is one to treasure! I hope to see you when you are next visiting your daughter.
Ian

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Thank you Ian for an excellent stay. The room was really lovely and so comfortable - thanks for the delicious home-made biscuits too! Breakfast was perfect with all that beautiful fresh fruit. I hope I can stay again next time I am visiting Norwich. I felt so welcome in your lovely home. PS And thanks for the help with the map too!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
IanRyNorwich, Owner at Number 15 Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, February 3, 2013
Hello Susan, I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay, thank you for your enthusiasm, I do get a lot of nice parents visiting their offspring at UEA. I look forward to seeing you again.
Newport, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Thank-you Ian for a lovely stay at number 15. I couldn't fault the service. Friendly and helpful host, and a very relaxed place to stay. Breakfasts and homemade shortbread were delicious. Very reasonably priced rooms. I would love to stay again, and will recommend you to anyone visiting Norwich.

Room Tip: Room 2 is lovely, and bathroom is just next door so very convenient.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
IanRyNorwich, Owner at Number 15 Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, January 27, 2013
Thank you Rowan, you were a real star having a really positive break in Norwich in spite of the weather. I do try to keep my prices reasonable in spite of costs like ethical "Good Energy".
I look forward to seeing you again.
England
Reviewed January 15, 2013

I'm struggling to come up with an angle on No.15 that hasn't been covered. It's comfortable and clean and the whole place (and surrounding area) has real character. It's exceptionally good value and Ian is at once both unobtrusive and very welcoming. I am particularly grateful for the loan of a pair of wellington boots now the snow has arrived (!) - beyond the call of duty but typical of his approach that if he can help he will. Number 15 thoroughly deserves its success and from what I observed a venture that's run on very ethical principles.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank ToneNottingham
IanRyNorwich, Owner at Number 15 Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Thank you Tony, lovely reviews like yours are the main reason why I could not accommodate you on the other dates that you had wanted! I really appreciate you taking the time. It is also good to read that you noticed my ethical approach to running the B&B. For example getting energy from Good Energy, the only company to be truly sustainable in its sourcing, certainly is not the cheapest, nor is the organic bread and croissants from the local artisan bakery, but they are the sort of thing that makes number 15 different. So, thank you again for being so appreciative, I hope that your longer term accomodation works out.
Halifax, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 13, 2013

This was our second stay and we were pleased as punch again. Number 15 is homely and very comfortable and Ian is a perfect host. The breakfasts are delicious, the beds are superbly comfortable and the house is spotlessly clean. We now have stayed in both rooms and both are generous and comfortable with beautiful, contemporary bathrooms. Much appreciated is the choice of herbal teas in the room. We will definitely stay again next time we are visiting family in Norwich.

Room Tip: Both rooms are lovely
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thanks Maryke for your kind comments, I am always pleased to have returning guests as getting to know people is one of the good things about running number 15. When visitors come from
Halifax it is a real bonus for a Yorkshireman! I look forward to your next visit.
London, UK
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Clean, comfortable, quiet, welcoming, and good value. I am not a vegetarian but loved the breakfast. This was my husband's second visit, but my first. Ian should be commended for going to such trouble to offer high standards to his guests. The property is in a nice part of Norwich. We will return.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
IanRyNorwich, Owner at Number 15 Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Thank you Janette, it is always good to receive such positive reviews, especially from non vegetarians who find that the breakfasts at number 15 are something to return for. I look forward to seeing you both again.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed December 22, 2012

I was in Norwich for work and stayed at Number 15 for a couple of nights. I stayed in the Bedroom One at the front of the house. It was quiet and comfortable and I particularly loved lolling on the chaise longue to watch TV at the end of a long day. The en suite shower room was also fantastic, worthy of a high class hotel. Breakfast was a delicious, lots of choices - the smoothie was particularly good. A really enjoyable stay

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay, many guests comment on the joys of relaxing on the chaise longue, I find myself on it taking a break when changing rooms between guests!