“Lovely food but very little”
Review of Lam Thai - CLOSED

Lam Thai
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Lam Thai is an established Authentic Thai takeaway. Which give you the experience of dining Thai cuisine in your own home by our takeaway and home delivery service.
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Really great food , but just a spoon full each of each dish, 1 strip of chicken satay . Service was good but we were the only ones in there so would expect that , restaurant cold and lack of atmosphere . £25.00 per head and came out hunger, ham rolls when we got home. Shame as food and ingredients fresh , but highly over priced for the potion size. Try the lawyer for an excellent Thai and atmosphere and value for money

Reviewed September 21, 2013

... and to justify the price of a pint of lime cordial and soda water the owner informed me that a half pint of lime cordial and soda water was £2.00 is beyond belief!!

My lady friend and I cannot complain about the quality and value of the food; the lovely flavours; and the excellent service, despite the restaurant being at maximum capacity (Saturday 21st September).

I usually leave a 10% tip at the very least; but not here, not if they insist on charging such a ridiculously high price for a pint of flavoured soda water!!

Lam T, Owner at Lam Thai, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Thank you for your review, we will look into it and make a reasonable price.
Once again thank you for come in on Saturday 21 night . Your comment make us keep improvement .

Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

We went here for my birthday as a party of four with two vegetarians. It was a Thursday night so was pretty quiet. Lovely table setting, great fast service and reasonably priced. I was impressed with the vegetarian range of options as most places are limited to mixed veg! The mock duck made from tofu was tasty, not like slimy tofu you sometimes get, and something I've never even seen before. I've spent a month in Thailand and this food is some of the best I've had since then. Everyone enjoyed their meals which was a good sign. Would deginaty go back.

Lam T, General Manager at Lam Thai, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Thank you for your comment . We will keep improve even better

Reviewed July 8, 2013

I know that there are other derogatory reviews of this resturant but that is all rubish from my experience. The food has always been fantastic as has the service and welcome. We wanted them to supply us withh a large takeaway order for our wedding that we would then reheat but they refused as they thought this may harm their reputation and I can't blame them the food is excellent. Ignore the other reviews if you know and like Thai food you will know it doesn't come much better!

2  Thank BrianKortie
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I have eaten here on a few occasions and it has never disappointed. My absolute favourite dish is the one I originally found recommended on here – the fish curry! It’s delicious!