All reviews train station city centre carrow road full english breakfast car park breakfast was excellent small hotel cooked breakfast single room top floor would stay here again good size great shower football stadium saturday night stayed for one night comfortable bed
Reviewed August 29, 2018 via mobile

Arriving late afternoon I managed to park outside with no issues. Check in nice and friendly and I was given directions into the town. Room was lovely, very clean and loads of room for a single traveller. After a great shower (lots of hot water) which is a rarity in many hotels I was off into town. Great location, only 10 minutes walk down into town where there are hundreds of restaurants and bars. Also the river walk and cathedral close by.Only real grumble was I was in room 10 or 11 I think and I had my window open all night and there was a big generator/heater thing outside which made constant noise all night. Didn’t really cause me an issue as I was tired after a long day on the road so slept through but I can imagine it would cause some issues. Otherwise great place and worth a visit.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank IanPLancashire
Reviewed August 7, 2018 via mobile

Room on top floor, far better than expected. Probably the best value hotel I have ever stayed at in the uk. Nice pub across the road and 20 mins walk into town. Very nice hotel especially at the price.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank jacky1954
Reviewed July 20, 2018

Stayed in room 8, it was nicely presented as was the bathroom. It was hot so used the fan in the room every night and all during the night. Bed is not pocket sprung so a little uncomfortable. The bathroom is great with lashings of hot water and plenty of towels. Mrs Daily came into the room very day and made up the room. Cheri is very helpful and gave us lots of information about Norwich.
Location is great and very close to the rail station and the football stadium is close by. The pub 1 minute away around the corner does lovely food and is convenient. We would stay here again if returning to Norwich.

Room tip: Room 8 is above the front entrance to the building but the hotel is situated on a very quiet road.
Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Woodney9
Reviewed June 27, 2018 via mobile

The rooms were fine, the location not too bad but we were unable to have breakfast as the staff don't arrive till 8, which was too late for us. It is not staffed after 9pm either and there was a loud group who disturbed us at 3am.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business
StraceyHotel, General Manager at Stracey Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2018

Thank for your review. We do however just need to correct some of the content...
Breakfast is available daily from 7.30am and can be made available as early as 7am if requested. Team members are always on duty from 7am and in person throughout the day until a suitable time, typically between 10 - 11pm. When an emergency contact number is provided.

Reviewed June 5, 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights in May half-term.
We had room number 2 which is more spacious than other room our friends stayed in.
This is in a good location close to the train station and walk away to the shops,restaurants and bars .
Cheri was so helpful looking up timetables for the trains to Cromer and Sheringham,more than happy to help and make it a memorable stay.
Pillows need to be upgraded as very thin also gets very hot in the bedroom,had a small fan which wasn’t enough.
Very friendly and helpful staff.

This hotel is a great base and look forward to visiting again in the near future.

Date of stay: May 2018