“Incredible, as always!”

Bishop's Dining Room & Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Bishop's Dining Room & Wine Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 880 Restaurants in Norwich
Cuisines: British
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: A small, intimate restaurant perfectly situated on the oldest lane in Norwich, Bishops Dining Room and Wine Bar is everything you would expect from a fine dining restaurant and more. Our welcoming, relaxed atmosphere will ensure you and your guests have an experience to treasure.
Reviewed July 27, 2014

The food in Bishops is always incredible! I have been here several times, for special occasions,(and a few times for a glass of prosecco, but not a meal) and it has not yet disappointed...I find the staff attentive, friendly, and polite. I can't understand why some people have found the owner rude? Cultural differences, maybe? He is always unfailingly polite, attentive without being overbearing, and offers suggestions as to what is particularly good on the menu on a given day...and I must admit, he is always right! He convinced me to have the Sea Bream with fennel last week, (I hate fennel, but trusted him) and my god, I have never tasted anything as amazing in my life! It is a small restaurant, and as such quite intimate, so maybe not great for a bigger party of people? I can't recommend this place highly enough...but don't tell everyone...I don't want this little secret gem to become too popular, I want it all to myself!

1  Thank InkyMarlowe

Reviewed July 26, 2014

Our favourite restaurant. We were joined by family and friends for a superb lunch. Alex's dry martini cocktails are exemplary. All courses were delicious and perfectly timed. Cannot recommend this Norwich institution highly enough. You will not be disappointed !

Reviewed July 17, 2014

very good place but one has to book way in advance unless one bulldozes his way through like I did! My apologies to the owner I am not always like that - really. ;-) Honestly the owner was extremely accommodating, food superb, staff was paying attention to every details...had a great time.

1  Thank Anz S
Reviewed July 13, 2014

We were in a party of seven visiting Norwich and were informed that this restaurant was very good. I must admit that this venue was one of the best I have ever visited. The service was top drawer and so was the food. Although some of the starters were not my type of food, others in the party thought it was heaven. I thoroughly enjoyed the main meal ( what a choice) and and the desserts. It was a fantastic meal. It isn't cheap but you couldn't get better in Norwich. It is is situated in the oldest lane in Norwich.

3  Thank Brian W
Reviewed July 9, 2014

Bishop's was recommended and definitely didn't disappoint!
Very attentive staff, excellent well presented food and lunchtime menu was really good value with plenty of choice, the only dilemma was deciding! Will definitely be back.....