“New Year's Eve”

Bishop's Dining Room & Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Bishop's Dining Room & Wine Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 880 Restaurants in Norwich
Cuisines: British
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: A small, intimate restaurant perfectly situated on the oldest lane in Norwich, Bishops Dining Room and Wine Bar is everything you would expect from a fine dining restaurant and more. Our welcoming, relaxed atmosphere will ensure you and your guests have an experience to treasure.
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Just to confirm that this intimate restaurant is one of norwich's finest, a real "hidden gem". The food was simply stunning, Alex (the owner) has welcoming manner which immediately relaxes guests & makes everyone feel special. The menu for this occasion was perfect, each course was beautifully presented & was a pleasure to eat.

3  Thank Chris H

Reviewed December 22, 2012

Once again, a faultless family lunch at this Norwich institution. Food of the highest quality, and welcome and service second to none. Full marks to Alex, his charming waitress, and the highly skilled chefs.

2  Thank decoaddict
Reviewed December 15, 2012

I love this place, it is FAULTLESS. I have nothing negative to say about it!From the moment you walk in you are made to feel fantastic. The dining area is so intimate and romantic it really is the place to go for a romantic meal

2  Thank hatedindia08
Reviewed December 5, 2012

My Wife and I visited Bishops last night for the first time on the occasion of my wife's birthday. A warm welcome was given to us and on being shown to our table, we were impressed with the restaurant which instantly made us feel comfortable and relaxed. The service throughout the meal from the proprietor and our waitress was fabulous with both of them proving informative and personable. Onto the food....Wow !! We both had Seared King Scallops to start which combined with Parsnip purée, Belly of Pork, and Parsnip crisps was a superb combination of flavours and beautifully cooked. For main course, I enjoyed the Pheasant which was wonderful, and my wife tried Ox cheeks for the first time. I tried a mouthful and have to say that the beef just feel apart. Stunning ! Dessert for me was also superb and I had the sweet wine poached pear with clementine rice pudding and a biscuit. Again, a lovely combination of flavours. My wife enjoyed her apple Eton mess although we both agreed that although we like 'chewy' meringue, this one was putting up a real battle with my wife's knife ! To round things off, we had a coffee each which came with a pair of complimentary home made mince pies which were lovely. For us, we will definitely visit Bishops again. Cost wise, for us this is something of a special occasion venue but in Bishops you definitely get what you pay for. An absolutely wonderful meal and experience.

3  Thank Zonderman
Reviewed November 28, 2012

Beautiful food and brilliant service will definately be going back. Even olives to start were lovely.

1  Thank sarah4king